On-Board Covid Testing

TM

What is the on-board testing policy currently on Princess ships?  I don't think there are any other than up to 2 days prior to boarding for any cruise but please confirm.  How about for a 15-day cruise?  Is there any on-board testing after leaving the embarkation port and if so how many times over the course of the 15 days?  We're looking at a Hawaii cruise in the fall and I certainly know things can change but curious as to the current procedure.

Thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, TM said:

What is the on-board testing policy currently on Princess ships?  I don't think there are any other than up to 2 days prior to boarding for any cruise but please confirm.  How about for a 15-day cruise?  Is there any on-board testing after leaving the embarkation port and if so how many times over the course of the 15 days?  We're looking at a Hawaii cruise in the fall and I certainly know things can change but curious as to the current procedure.

Thank you in advance.

the port of San Francisco requires that all non-boosted passengers be tested prior to arrival. I noticed that on a recent Ruby cruise that ended in SF that the passengers were asked to provide their vaccination status with respect to boosters. While I don't know for sure I think that Princess is testing non-boosted passengers prior to arrival in SF.

https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/26556-san-francisco-updates-booster-vaccination-requirement-for-cruise-passengers.html#:~:text=“Due to the recent surge,boosted when eligible) before coming

Edited by redrocks07

The Princess FAQ use to specifically mention additional testing for longer voyages and specific itinerary such as Panama Canal Full Transit and Hawaii but there is no longer any mention of this on the FAQ so it appears that may no longer be required.  At this point I would plan on the regular pre-embarkation test everyone takes.  If they want added testing onboard you will likely receive a notification prior to your cruise or it may be mentioned in your travel summary. 

( as mentioned by previous poster some ports, like SF may require added testing and Princess would respond as needed)

Edited by Shelly97060

This month, we returned from the 15 day Hawaii RT out of San Pedro.

As you say, who knows what things will be like in the fall. But we tested two days before departure.

Though the ship departs from Berth 93, we were dropped off at 91. The "temporary" building. There they took a specimen; a nasal swab. We went to a waiting area in groups. Once called by group, then could either walk or shuttle to Berth 93 to begin working out our Medallion problems, followed by boarding.

About two or three days into the cruise, the cabin steward brought a tray to self swab. There was a video to watch before he came around. They do not inform of negative results. We heard there were positives found and those were quarantined on Aloha deck. But no numbers were given.

While we had to mask, that requirement is no longer in place.

The testing imposition was small compared to the experience of cruising again. Our only Princess complaint was related to Medallion, which you can read about in other threads. Also, Hawaiian tourism took an awful hit. Shore excursions had limited options and prices on the Islands were very high. Enjoy your cruise.

Edited by mtnesterz