Excursions

creativeroutes

I booked the Bimini heritage and cultural tour. I was going to / wanted to book directly with the vendor - but due to their limited capacity - all their seats go to the cruise and they said if I wanted to go to book via the cruise.

I'm on the sailing next week I can let you know how it goes

4 hours ago, pl281 said:

I booked the Bimini heritage and cultural tour. I was going to / wanted to book directly with the vendor - but due to their limited capacity - all their seats go to the cruise and they said if I wanted to go to book via the cruise.

I'm on the sailing next week I can let you know how it goes

@pl281  Thank you!  I appreciate it! Hope you have a wonderful cruise next week!

Edited by creativeroutes

We did a guided tour of Bruges last Saturday booked onboard Valiant Lady. All went well, went down to On The Rocks bar and were given a card and told to board coach 3 which was waiting at the bottom of the gangplank. 
The tour guide was good and obviously very passionate about Bruges. Although that company is obviously local to Belgium so probably doesn’t help if you are travelling elsewhere. 
the $95 price did seem a little high but that was transport to Bruges, the guide in the coach and a walking tour and a boat trip along the canal. Altogether 5 and a half hours off the ship. 

• 2 months later...
On 3/17/2022 at 1:36 PM, creativeroutes said:

Has anyone booked any shore excursions with Virgin....trying to plan something different in Costa Maya! Looking for insight from past experiences or feedback on excursions! Thank you 🚤

It's not necessarily 'different' but we made our own reservations at ya ya beach club. $45 per person gets you a chair/umbrella, unlimited drinks (including canned/bottled beers - sometimes these places will only bring you draft), and some food (combo platter of sorts). Beach was well maintained, and they had some sort of system for dealing with the seaweed - walking to the club we saw other areas that were not dealing with it very well. It would have been a pretty perfect day if not for the constant onslaught of vendors hawking their wares. Like literally every 2 minutes for hours. Still a good day all things considered.

On 6/18/2022 at 3:03 PM, CrusinKate86 said:

Have been searching for a thread like this! I am trying to decide what to do in Puerto Plata! Has anyone been to Coconut Cove? That one looks appealing. 

My husband and I were there in May and went on the “off-roading” excursion to Coconut Cove. We don’t recommend. The “off-roading” was really just a bumpy dirt road for about 45 minutes in the back of a big truck to the beach. The beach was very windy and the food was not good. It was dried bbq chicken and pork with white rice and pinto beans. 

I recently went on the cable car ride up the mountain in Puerto Plata. It was different and a lot of fun. Be prepared to do a lot of walking once on top. There is a rain forest of sorts up there with a long path that runs through it. Our guide Jose insisted we see every nook and cranny. The tour also hits some of the historical spots in town and lunch at a local restaurant which was quite good. I LOVED the coconut flan.