Travel in April b/t Dockyards and St. George

karner01

Hello,

Ive started to do a bit of research for my trip and have two full days in Bermuda. I'm staying at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess and was hoping to do the southshore beaches one day and split St. George's/Dockyards for the other day. I'm running into that the ferry will not be operating from St. George to the Dockyards since it will not be high season. How could I change my itinerary to accomplish seeing all three in two days. (I know it will be busy, but we're the type of crew who can 'experience' a place in a small amount of time! :) )

Thanks for any suggestions,

Karen

Hello,

Ive started to do a bit of research for my trip and have two full days in Bermuda. I'm staying at the Fairmont Hamilton Princess and was hoping to do the southshore beaches one day and split St. George's/Dockyards for the other day. I'm running into that the ferry will not be operating from St. George to the Dockyards since it will not be high season. How could I change my itinerary to accomplish seeing all three in two days. (I know it will be busy, but we're the type of crew who can 'experience' a place in a small amount of time! :) )

Thanks for any suggestions,

Karen

By "two full days", I presume you mean three nights stay with two full days sunrise to sunset.

You can see the southshore beaches, St. George's and the Dockyards in two full days by using the buses and/or taxis. If using buses, hamilton is the central hub location for all bus routes on the island. From hamilton, there are bus routes that will take you to St. George's, to the southshore beaches and to the dockyard.

Go visit the southshore beaches and maybe even the dockyard on the first full day, then the next full day, visit St Georges and the dockyard if not visited on the first day.

Lacking any constraints given in your post, logistically this is doable given that you indicate that you "can 'experience' a place in a small amount of time" and you are planning on "full days".

I think you will agree once you do this that you will want to visit again at a more leisurely pace, but it can be done.

Cruisin&Relaxin

It will definately be easier to tie in a South Shore beach visit with a trip to the Dockyards, then do St. Georges the other day. Hopefully the weather is nice and sunny at least one of the days so that you can really enjoy the beach.

As you are staying at the Hamilton Princess getting to the South Shore beaches is a little easier. The hotel has its own ferry to the Southampton Princess, and from there you can take the shuttle to their private beach - right next to Horseshoe Bay.

Archived