2006 shore excursions for Europe are listed

EricNJ

Is there anyone already booked that can save and e-mail me the cost sheet? They won't let you download the cost of excursions unless you already have something booked. If you can - e-mail to laurashelby@cox.net

Thanks, we're pre-planning for next year and want an idea of prices for the ports they've just listed.

this is the way I finally figured it out:

1. go to www.ncl.com

2. look at the menu at the bottom and select "Shore Excursions"

3. Look at the menu on the left and select "Europe"

4. this will bring up another box with 2006 shore excursions. This appears to be only for the 7 night western Mediterranean cruises.

If you click on the PDF symbol under "tour description" you'll get the list of the excursions. If you click on the link on the left that says "effective with the May 14 - August 27, 2006 Sailings" you'll get the order form and price/time list.

Hope this works for you now.

Better yet clear your cache.

Assuming you are working on WinXP (W2K, Win98 are similar but not quite the same)

Start

Control Panel

Internet Options

On the General Tab about 1/2 the way down you'll see Temporary Internet Files....Click the "Delete Files" button

On the next window click the box next to Delete all offline content and then click okay.

Depending on how much and how often you do this it may take a couple of minutes or just seconds.

If using Internet Explorer open a browser page. Select Tools, Internet Options and follow the above directions starting with the General tab statement. Once done with the steps you may then navigate to the ncl website and the old page will no longer be in your cache.

I have also been waiting for NCL top publish the European Shore Excursions and I must admit I was very surprised that the excursions to Florence included this caveat…

NOTE: Tour sequence may be altered to avoid congestion but always covering the mentioned sights. On all Florence tours, guests must be able to walk approximately 3 1/2 miles over even, uneven and cobblestone surfaces with 10 to 15 steps and extended periods of standing. The walking distance between the Field of Miracles in Pisa, and the bus parking area is approximately 15 minutes each way.

I cannot believe (and someone please correct me if I’m wrong) that every cruise ship passenger (regardless of the cruise line) that has ever gone to see “The David” has walked 3.5 miles to get there. I have read that large buses are not allowed in the center of town in Florence, but this sounds ridiculous. My DW and I are (thank g-d) able to walk, but it’s hard to believe that there is no way (even shuttling passengers to the town center by minivan) to avoid a 3.5 mile walk.

I’m sure we’ll all get more info in May and June, as the cruise itinerary gets underway, but right now, I’m a little concerned about the Florence shore excursion.

I have also been waiting for NCL top publish the European Shore Excursions and I must admit I was very surprised that the excursions to Florence included this caveat…

NOTE: Tour sequence may be altered to avoid congestion but always covering the mentioned sights. On all Florence tours, guests must be able to walk approximately 3 1/2 miles over even, uneven and cobblestone surfaces with 10 to 15 steps and extended periods of standing. The walking distance between the Field of Miracles in Pisa, and the bus parking area is approximately 15 minutes each way.

I cannot believe (and someone please correct me if I’m wrong) that every cruise ship passenger (regardless of the cruise line) that has ever gone to see “The David” has walked 3.5 miles to get there. I have read that large buses are not allowed in the center of town in Florence, but this sounds ridiculous. My DW and I are (thank g-d) able to walk, but it’s hard to believe that there is no way (even shuttling passengers to the town center by minivan) to avoid a 3.5 mile walk.

I’m sure we’ll all get more info in May and June, as the cruise itinerary gets underway, but right now, I’m a little concerned about the Florence shore excursion.

It sounds like there is a requirement to walk a CUMULATIVE 3.5 miles in the day, not at a time. It says that it's about a 15 minute walk from one point to another...well that's typically about 1 mile. Then of course there's the return trip (another 1 mile), and then 1.5 miles throughout the day, with some steps. Not bad at all.

It sounds like there is a requirement to walk a CUMULATIVE 3.5 miles in the day, not at a time. It says that it's about a 15 minute walk from one point to another...well that's typically about 1 mile. Then of course there's the return trip (another 1 mile), and then 1.5 miles throughout the day, with some steps. Not bad at all.

OK. You may be right (at least I hope so). What you're saying makes much more sense (although none of the other excursions, makes mention of the total walking distnace) than a straight 3.5 mile walk from the tour bus to the "Academy". We have no plans to take the tour that includes the "field of Miracles" anyway, so that wouldn't effect us. We are looking at the "Splendor of Florence" tour. We've never been to Florence before and we really want to see "David" and all of the other sights as well. As I mentioned in my other post, I'm sure as the Med itinerary gets sailing, we'll all get plenty of imporant & useful to make our trips even better. We can't wait.

On the Jewel 7/16/06

Archived