Spirited Across the Atlantic -- Live-ish Report

Unibok

9 hours ago, jollyjones said:

Hi Les,

No, no choice about disembarkation. 

Left ship in ordinary gear, just plus mask. 
Very glad Portugal was only seven days isolation! Not sure I’d have been so sanguine about a longer imprisonment. 

Happy sails for you, fingers crossed also. 

I suspect you were OK with disembarkation. Yes 6 days is still a long time but tolerable. When we disembarked, we were given a letter regarding missed days. We had the option to stay on all the way to Monte Video free of charge. ie 2 complete legs of this grande voyage. In different circumstances, I would have jumped at the generous offer. Alas work commitments put pay to any notion it was possible, though with so few ports open, it was a genuine possibility we'd have no choice had we got the positive a few days later. 

They must have toned things down now. When my wife left the double enclosed doors on deck six, she had to Don full PPE, just to leave, walk 15 metres, go in another room, remove gear and be sprayed again before leaving the controlled area. I did think at the time it was excessive. If only they'd have remembered her shoes! lol

My next sailing is a cheapie Norway cruise for 7 nights and is a return to Southampton. We have to test.... At out expense... either DIY before arriving or at the port for $60. Once on, I won't be doing any tests. If I think I might have it, I will stay in isolation in my room and clear of people. I'm not risking being dumped in Bergen and fend for myself which I am certain will be what would happen. "That's why you have insurance" was the reply I got from Azamara for one in 2 months.

Anyway, glad you are safe and sound in London right now. It's barely noticeable there is / was a pandemic. Regardless of what others do, I still put on a mask on trains and regularly sanitise hands, but that aside, life is back to normal. I think that will be the mainstay on cruises for some time.