Kids drinks

deb380

Last summer I read on these boards that sodas for kids (under 12) were free in the dining room. We sailed on the Miracle at the end of August and were told by the waiter that that policy had been changed. I confirmed with the manager because some people had been given wrong information by waiters in the past. I understand that Carnival has raised its prices on sodas significantly.

If I recall correctly you can get water, milk, tea, coffee and lemonade in the dining room for free.

A little off subject but I have to share this. My DS was 11 on our first cruise on the Celebration. We got him a soda card, which was worth every penny. He used it so much to buy Shirley Temples that all the bartenders on the ship called him Shirley. Not sure if he liked the name or not, but whenever they saw him coming, that would start making his drink!

I haven't heard anything about Carnival raising their prices for Coke products. When did this happen? In November, they were they same as always, at least the ones in the cabin were....still $2.50 for the 20-oz. bottle.

OP - In the dining room, children under 12 can still get soft drinks at no charge. (Above is the only post I've seen recently that said differently. And I don't know what 'manager' said they had changed their policy...the headwaiter, the Maitre d', maybe? - There's no 'manager' in the dining room.)

Kids of any age can also have tea, punch, milk, chocolate milk, hot chocolate, and juices.

Carnival did away with the 20 oz bottles now. You can only get cans. They are 1.75 plus gratutity. (something about less recycling to do with cans then bottles)

A soda card for 7 days is a little over 45.00

they also did away with the free kids soda this year.

I suggest carrying on your own 12 pack of soda.. once the soda is gone the kids can drink whats available. In the dining room Ice tea and milks white and choc are available.

LuLu-- even for those flying in-- ask your cab driver to stop at a store. 45.00 for a soda card for my kids seem awful high. If he wants a soda I bet he will carry on his own.

Even when paying for a soda in the dining room we had a very hard time getting the drink waiter to wait on us. (the waiter and asst waiter do not get your sodas) Got smart and ordered two cans at a time.

With a soda card-- your son can only get one cup of soda at a time and might get frustrated with waiting til the waiter came around again.

We where on the imagiantion in Jan. No free soda anywhere. Spoke to everyone in the dining room and they call said the same thing.

We picked up 2 12 packs before we got on ship and at the end of our 5 day we had about 1/2 left. We did not take any at port and hardly ever walked back to the room for one. I have a pop each morning and I am good but hubby likes more and so do the kids. We would have one when getting ready for dinner or whatever. Not having a pop in hand at all times was fine with me. The lemonade was great and could be found very easy. They boys likes chocolate milk with dinner. Just remember when getting our pop card that on your cruise the day you board and leave you will not have much time to make us of it. And if you are off ship at ports pop card is also not used. But I am sure someone does drink enough to make it worth it.

Serene, are you saying they just started this "no freebies for kids under 12" - as well as the canned Cokes (in the cabins) in 2006? (I'm just going by my November cruise experience when the kids at my table got their Cokes 'free'. Also - the Cokes in the cabin were the 20-oz. bottles.) Get me up to speed, girl!:confused:

For anybody who's interested - You can get soft drinks at any of the ports-of-call, and take them onto the ship.:)

Seems like a lot of changes happened this year. In the past you could carry on non alcoholic beverages. now its listed in the documents as a small quanity may be carried on-- and will be at the descrepincy (?) of the port people. (sounds like they are trying to get a handle on the rolling coolers as checkins.. did you know that some people actually check them in with ice, etc inside. (how crazy is that?)

drinks all went up in Dec and January-- those drinks of the day are now over 7 bucks...close to 8 now then what they were before.

Drink coupons-- used to be 4 for under 20 bucks but since the refills went up too to 5.75 its getting to be no tworth buyin gnow--but the coupons on the site will be going up too. Same with soda coupons. now you get 4 for 6.80 which include the tip. Onboard that same soda is now over 2 bucks. No more bottles. only cans. (and of course the cups for the soda card holders.

you can still get soda deleivered through room service--forr a fee plus most cabins that have refrigerators have coke products alsready in there

Archived