Disembarkation Day on Radiance

Californian

Some questions on Disembarkation Day for the Radiance:

1.  What are the hours for breakfast in the main dining room on Disembarkation Day?

2.  What time must you vacate your cabin?

3.  We will not be doing express check out and will need wheelchair assistance getting off the ship.  We’re also thinking of taking the last available time to leave the ship to avoid crowded long lines.  Where is the best place to hang out to wait until our time is called? 
4.  Did you experience any problems with leaving parking structure, i.e., bumper to bumper wait times to get out of parking structure, paying for parking, etc.

Any suggestions for a smooth disembarkation would be greatly appreciated.

1. I believe 6:30 - 8:30am for breakfast in dining room

2. Need to be out by 8:30 am

3. I believe they have you meet in a specific location if you need assistance with getting off. I want to say its the  middle dining room on deck 3 next to atrium

4. It is usually a 10 - 15 minute wait to leave the structure, not to bad and I was on level 3.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have the debarkation information handed out to Radiance passengers?  

We will have checked luggage.  We are thinking of going down to the dining room at 8 and coming back to the cabin by 9 to get our carry-on luggage.  We're not sure where to hang out while we wait for our time to be called.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

On 3/30/2022 at 1:17 PM, Californian said:

Does anyone have the debarkation information handed out to Radiance passengers?  

We will have checked luggage.  We are thinking of going down to the dining room at 8 and coming back to the cabin by 9 to get our carry-on luggage.  We're not sure where to hang out while we wait for our time to be called.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks!

79A71628-86C2-4656-B770-A040F017759B.thumb.jpeg.74dc86913fa449bac7192c2d70e40533.jpegC1C04920-4FF5-4860-8FE9-C97CA5057E43.thumb.jpeg.36a769b6d81d596a0722f2e76f6a5d13.jpeg1D033F83-8225-4AEC-A44F-A2892B6158C9.thumb.jpeg.4e007f8b4718d6fd08df118b8d9ddf27.jpeg

These are papers from Feb 28- March4th. We did this cruise three years ago and ate breakfast in main dining room, they had us put carryons in lobby by hostess stand. I made sure nothing valuable was in it (wallet,passport etc and took that to table.) They want you out of cabin, so leaving carryon is not feasible unless did breakfast super early and can get back to cabin before 8:30am.

Edited by Buffettfan 225
  • Like 1

We were on the Radiance in February. Left the room at 8 am WITH all of our luggage, and went to the MDR for a lovely breakfast. They put all the luggage in an open area near the front of the restaurant. After breakfast, casually walked off the ship. Flawless.

Thank you so much @Buffettfan 225 for the putting up handouts and info. It was very helpful.  

@PattiPB Sounds like a plan.  How crowded was the dining room when you went down?   Were you on the cruise in February with more than 50% capacity?   We are more inclined to leave our luggage in the cabin since I have an oxygen concentrator and don't want to lose that.

Anyone have experience with the checked luggage option?  How long did you have to wait before getting off the ship?

• Thanks 1

Ahhhhhh Debark, I usually have breakfast at the Buffet then I hang out on the Lido.  I am in no rush since I live in Los Angeles.  When they start making announcements like, okay you've overstayed your welcome that's when I start to mosey down to the exit. LOL.

• 1 month later...

I remember my last cruise (pre-pandemic) out of New Orleans.  The disembarkation was a cluster with a capital F - even with Faster to the Fun. People were unwilling to follow even simple instructions and believed they were entitled to be the first off the ship. I was willing to oblige them by tossing them overboard, but my better angels prevailed - and my wife said she wouldn't bail me out.  Let's hope for a better experience on the Radiance. 

Edited by Oklahoma Cruiser 2012