Onboard Prices

tvaud

The drink specials of the day are generally $3.95. Beer can run $5 and up, wine starts at $7 and goes way up. Alcohol-based drinks start at $6.50 and go up from there. Photos are a different story. Some are in the $12 to $15 range and some are going as high as $25 a picture.

You didn't say which cruiseline, but I think they're all pretty much the same. On Carnival: The drink-of-the-day in a tall souvenier glass is $6.75, and refills are $4.75. Wine by the glass in the dining room and lounges is $6.50 up.

I buy only one or two 5x7 photos. On my last cruise, in November, they were $8.50 each. 8x10s are $20.

We went on a Hal cruise last year and took advantage of the package deal that they had. It is $110 and they seemed to take picktures all the time. They were great. As for the drinks I am not really sure as our charges when getting off the ship were like $1000. I told my DH it was the shopping but the more I looked the more I saw our Pina Coladas. They were wonderful and yes just like a smoothie.:)

I think the drinks and wine cost is comparable to bar and restaurant prices in most places. The pictures vary as other posters have mentioned. I think it's a great idea to bring one or two bottles of your favorite wine on board and pay the corkage fee...that way you get the best of both worlds! Enjoy your trip.

You didn't say which cruiseline, but I think they're all pretty much the same.

You must have missed my ticker....going on the Crown Princess, October 9, 2006.

Thank you all for your responses...:)

Cindra

On the Coral Princess last week they were as follows:

Coke: $1.73 (1.50 + tip)

Wine: $5.75 (5.00 + tip)

Mixed Drinks (small): $4.89 (4.25 + tip)

Thanks! Did you happen to buy any photos on board? I just want to know how much to budget for my shipboard account.

Cindra

Tvaud - I see a line that says 'ticker, etc.', but I didn't click on it to see what it said.

Cotton,

You don't have to click on it. It just contains the countdown to the cruise and the ships name...:)

photos on board?

The small photos were $9.95. The large photos were either $20 or $22; they do not display the prices in easily readable fashion (in other words, not in plain view). I had a coupon for 2 "free" small pictures which I was able to "trade in" for 1 large photo and therefore did not pay anything extra for it.

Archived