Any TA's out there? Need Explanation

thunder_lin

We booked our cruise through a TA. Our invoice reads Air Transat Holidays PACKAGE Carnival Liberty March 12/06, Air Transat Holidays PACKAGE air portion.

We are still waiting for the information regarding flights. Our TA says she's waiting on the information from Air Transat Holidays. We've spoken to Carnvial and were told they have the air information and to have our TA call them and they would release the information. Our TA won't call them, saying she's still waiting for Air Transat.

As a TA, can she not contact Carnival?

I don't understand this process. Is our TA just being lazy?

We depart in 16 days without any knowledge of our flights and of course no docs. I'm a little frustrated at this point. It's almost becoming comical as this is ridiculous.

In this particular instance, Air Transat Holidays is really Carnival's client. They are a wholesaler who packages cruise and air and then offers the packages to retail agents, who in turn, sell the packages to the public.

Air Transat has the air info. More than likely charter.

Yes, the TA can get the information for you. I would sit right down with the TA and say please call ...... while I wait.

You can always have Carnival turn the booking over to you. It takes a letter faxed asking for the TA to be released from the booking and authorizing you to take over your own booking. It's kind of like firing your lawyer and becoming your own. I would only do this if the TA refuses. In the meantime I would double check to be sure final payment has been made on your trip.

Archived