Have it All Internet question

BoatsandTrains

Anyone know how many devices can simultaneous connect on the Have it All (“surf”) plan?  My husband and I each have an iPhone and iPad.  I would like to be able to have both my devices connected at once so I can transfer my iPhone photos to the iPad for my blog.   Thanks all!

It’s one device connected at a time, per account. You and your husband would have separate accounts.

For transfers between Apple devices in the same room, Internet access is not required. AirDrop and other Bluetooth tools will work- no extra cost, no extra equipment.

2 hours ago, FOPMan said:

It’s one device connected at a time, per account. You and your husband would have separate accounts.

For transfers between Apple devices in the same room, Internet access is not required. AirDrop and other Bluetooth tools will work- no extra cost, no extra equipment.

Thank you!  I forgot about Air drop.  

On 3/23/2022 at 6:57 AM, BoatsandTrains said:

Anyone know how many devices can simultaneous connect on the Have it All (“surf”) plan?  My husband and I each have an iPhone and iPad.  I would like to be able to have both my devices connected at once so I can transfer my iPhone photos to the iPad for my blog.   Thanks all!

One device at a time per person (when you try to log in on a second device it will give you an option to disconnect the first device or to buy more devices). On a 7 day cruise I was given the option of adding 3 more devices for a total of $40 and a $30 upgrade to the premium wifi. These charges would also be per person (but could be bought by one person only as the accounts are separate). 

• Thanks 1

On 3/23/2022 at 12:49 PM, BoatsandTrains said:

On 3/23/2022 at 12:49 PM, BoatsandTrains said:

I tested this out by putting my phone in airplane mode and trying to airdrop a photo to my wifi connected iPad.   Received the message “turn on wi-if to share with AirDrop”. 🤷🏼‍♀️

9 hours ago, zgscl said:

One device at a time per person (when you try to log in on a second device it will give you an option to disconnect the first device or to buy more devices). On a 7 day cruise I was given the option of adding 3 more devices for a total of $40 and a $30 upgrade to the premium wifi. These charges would also be per person (but could be bought by one person only as the accounts are separate). 

Hmmm.  It’s a 24 day cruise.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BoatsandTrains said:

I tested this out by putting my phone in airplane mode and trying to airdrop a photo to my wifi connected iPad.   Received the message “turn on wi-if to share with AirDrop”. 🤷🏼‍♀️

As I understand it, the two devices will detect each other using Bluetooth and then set up an ad-hoc WiFi connection to make the transfer. That's why WiFi needs to be enabled to use it, though no connection to a WiFi hotspot is required.

Just now, strickerj said:

As I understand it, the two devices will detect each other using Bluetooth and then set up an ad-hoc WiFi connection to make the transfer. That's why WiFi needs to be enabled to use it, though no connection to a WiFi hotspot is required.

I’ll test that out.   Thanks!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BoatsandTrains said:

Hmmm.  It’s a 24 day cruise.  

I wonder if they just multiply by 3. My last 14 day sailing was too long ago to recall what the options were. I think at the time we were going with the flawed idea that we would just not use the internet and then ended up paying way more by the minute than if we had just gotten the package to begin with.