Bar Tab Questions

cruisekitty22

Can two people in the same cabin share the bar tab and we only need one bar  tab for 2 of us is this correct?  Can we just get a Jack and Diet coke and Jameson and Diet coke in any bar on the ship?  I see crazy drinks bar menus. Do we have to order from the special bar menus at each bar?  First timer on Virgen!

Just now, cruisekitty22 said:

Can two people in the same cabin share the bar tab and we only need one bar  tab for 2 of us is this correct?  Can we just get a Jack and Diet coke and Jameson and Diet coke in any bar on the ship?  I see crazy drinks bar menus. Do we have to order from the special bar menus at each bar?  First timer on Virgen!

Yes you can set it up in the app so all purchases go to one persons account and that persons bar tab is then used. 
You can get spirit and mixer at all bars, I often had vodka/sprite for $7.

some bartenders can do other classic cocktails if you ask but each bar also has their speciality cocktails.

When you buy the bar tab, it is assigned to one person's account. We found this to be a pain on the ship as we weren't always together - the person who holds the account has to be the one to scan their band. Luckily, it was easily remedied at sailor services - they just added the other person as the authorised user. Now, that also means that ANY purchases (not just drinks) go to the one credit card. I was pleasantly surprised that the bar tab could be used for other purchases on the ship (my upgraded wifi and some gift shop buys were paid for with bar tab...)

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ceilidh1 said:

When you buy the bar tab, it is assigned to one person's account. We found this to be a pain on the ship as we weren't always together - the person who holds the account has to be the one to scan their band. Luckily, it was easily remedied at sailor services - they just added the other person as the authorised user. Now, that also means that ANY purchases (not just drinks) go to the one credit card. I was pleasantly surprised that the bar tab could be used for other purchases on the ship (my upgraded wifi and some gift shop buys were paid for with bar tab...)

when choosing the payment card for on-board spend when you do check-in on the app you can choose for all purchases to go to your cabin-mates account yourself. That’s what we did, one person buys bar tab and the other just has all their stuff charged to the other account. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, jon81uk said:

when choosing the payment card for on-board spend when you do check-in on the app you can choose for all purchases to go to your cabin-mates account yourself. That’s what we did, one person buys bar tab and the other just has all their stuff charged to the other account. 

Yes, we purposely DIDN'T do that pre-cruise as we wanted separate tabs for other purchases and just wanted to share the bar tab. We thought it might be something we could do onboard - in fact, they did tell us at sailor services that they could allocate a portion of the bar tab to each person but then it seemed that no one actually knew how to do it so we ended up just having all the charges go to one account anyways. Seems that it's all or nothing!