cruising post Covid? is it still fun?

maui07

It’s interesting to read others experiences. It seems to me that masking might be a sailing by sailing sort of deal. On eurodam now and very few masks (other than staff). At the beginning of the cruise I wore mine more and saw others wearing more too. Now it is rare to see a guest with a mask on the ship.

I’m having tons of fun. 

Edited by Orsino
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Wakepatrol said:

I don’t doubt you for one second, but it is a head scratcher why we had so few people the week before when it was Spring Break

it’s not like we were on an old Rusty tub. The ship supposedly had three charters in a row after our trip. I was wondering if the cruise line had the mindset with small capacity to take the charter’s instead. I never heard of  three charters in a row, but I’m not in the loop to know😀

Our cruise was not a charter. I also know that we got a great price.

• Like 1

On 3/24/2022 at 5:03 PM, maui07 said:

What is a public area considered? theatre,disco, etc? I am guessing. how about sitting in the buffet area after lunch hours just watching the scenery? Are you masked? I am sure, all would be well, we've gone to Mexico half a dozen times since 2020 since they had such little testing requirements so not worried about that. It's kinda one of those too good to be true prices to pass up. lol. The years are flying by with kiddos and just want to make as many memories as we can as a family ya know? Thanks!

Public is just as it sounds, corridors, passageways, elevators, public restrooms, and theaters/shows.  While dining and drinking, there was less mask wearing because it's permitted to remove while eating/drinking.  There seemed to be conflicting information on whether it was required in the spa, pools, and hot tubs, but I went ahead and wore it in those places anyway. 

As to overall compliance, it will reflect the state of the country at the time if it's a U.S. cruise.  Most people followed the rules because of the variants going around at the time, but I observed a lot of masks below noses too.