NCL JOY Premium Beverage Package Mixed Drinks Sound Off

If your sailing on the Joy is going to Bermuda, the Dark and Stormy is a must!  I see somebody mentioned that already.  Moscow Mule, Miami Vice (in very limited amounts), Rebellious Fish!  BBC is good, when they had the Margaritaville at Sea on the Breakaway+ class ships, I loved the Havana and Bananas which is similar to BBC.  And all the mojitos at Sugarcane!   The spicy one is good but I prefer the first version of it.  I tend to spend a lot of time at Sugarcane...

• Like 1

On 4/22/2022 at 3:25 PM, CrazyTrain2 said:

I have the standard Adult Beverage package as does the rest of my family.  What's included??  Did I just fall for marketing?

We are on the Joy - Pub crawl suggestions welcome.

Standard is the premium that the OP is asking about.  The Premium Plus is the upgraded one but it really is only worth it if you want bottles of wine/champagne.  Most of everything else is included and if you want one of the few items that is more than $15, you just need to pay the difference plus 20% of that difference for tip. 

Really the only drinks I found that I needed to pay extra for were glasses of wine.  There is usually only one wine in each type that is within the limit.  If we didn't like that one, we would just pay an extra $1-$2 for the next one in that type.  

Also, always ask for the brand name liquor when ordering or else they will give you the well.  If you want your drink with Grey Goose, then make sure you tell them.  Below is the list of liquors that are included.

https://www.ncl.com/sites/default/files/premium-beverage-package.pdf

Edited by Liljo22
  • Like 1

On 3/30/2022 at 12:37 PM, Ottawa_Cruiser said:

Painkiller

Dark & Stormy

Moscow Mule

BBC

BBC?  I like all the others on your list so I'd probably like that too 🙂

One of my favorites is a Caipirinha.  I forget the name of the bar but the one between Taste & Savor on the Breakaway made really good ones.  

Just got back. Only 2200 passengers so it was nice. Easy to get drinks at any bar.

No long queues. By the second day, they are addressing by my first name.

Proves that they are not that busy at the bar if they know me  by my first 

name.  

Tried a lot of drinks on the list above but my wife keeps on asking if they can add more

alcohol.  If you order 5 drinks a day, you've covered the drink package tax/gratuity.

I always tipped when I found what their weekly salary was.

For all that work and do the washy washy song and dance

and always have that smile, they deserve an extra buck

here and there. 

• Like 1