Snorkel Belize

captNcrunch

We were on the Miracle last April and after tendering into port in the rain and walking around town we decided to hurry back to the ship to see if we could get the ship':D s afternoon snorkel trip. I had really been looking forward to the beautiful waters of Belize. We made the boat and after a 40 minute ride we arrived at a cay with 6 palm trees. It was one of my favorite excursions. The snorkeling was wonderful, the cay was fun, and the excursion picked us up at the ship and dropped us off back at the Miracle. I usually make private arrangements when in port but this one through the ship was great. The rum punch was even good.

I will look at my info from last year and let you know. I also have a card from one of the guides on the boat and cay and he may do his own excursions now. I'll give you both his name and e-mail and the name of the excursion.

It really was a great afternoon.

It's easy to book a snorkeling tour right at the tourist dock...

Try to find one going to Goffs Caye (do a google search for info).

I can tell you to avoid Terra Mar Adventure Company SCUBA tours....we booked a tour with them in advance (thought it'd be easier that way) going to Goffs Caye (we had been there before and loved it) then at the last minute they pulled the old switcharoo on us and we ended up going to the same island as the cruise ship's excursion for about the same price (at least we got to drink free rum punch out of the deal). They offered me my $ back, but it was too late to go back to the dock and book another tour.

A word of advice if you have never been to Belize, use caution if you decide to venture beyond the tourist dock area. We encountered lot's of "ganja" dealers and unsavory looking characters and we only went about two blocks.

I looked at our info and our trip was to Goff's caye and it was wonderful. I tried to e-mail one of the guides on the boat but it did not work so I guess the cruise ship is your best bet. We did the afternoon snorkel trip so we had the morning in town and did not have to worry about the afternoon trip getting back late because we knew the ship would wait. The ride to Goff's caye was fun, the snorkeling was good, the rum punch good, and they had kayaks to paddle around in. Have Fun.

• 1 month later...

Last time we were there one of our Cruise Critic group went and snorkled with the sharks and I think rays. They said it was awesome! Sorry, but I do not have any idea who they went with, but it was not with the ship.

enjoy,

Duane

• 4 months later...
It's easy to book a snorkeling tour right at the tourist dock...

Try to find one going to Goffs Caye (do a google search for info).

I can tell you to avoid Terra Mar Adventure Company SCUBA tours....we booked a tour with them in advance (thought it'd be easier that way) going to Goffs Caye (we had been there before and loved it) then at the last minute they pulled the old switcharoo on us and we ended up going to the same island as the cruise ship's excursion for about the same price (at least we got to drink free rum punch out of the deal). They offered me my $ back, but it was too late to go back to the dock and book another tour.

A word of advice if you have never been to Belize, use caution if you decide to venture beyond the tourist dock area. We encountered lot's of "ganja" dealers and unsavory looking characters and we only went about two blocks.

Hi I'll be in belize in dec.

and we will be snorkling, i'm hearing good things about goffs caye, is it possible 2 wak 2 the split or do u have 2 take a water taxi?

can u let me know how much this might cost?

We're a group of 4 with our own gear.

any info. will be appreciated, u can e-mail me if u get a chance, christman27@bellsouth.net

:D

Archived