Equinox Thermal Spa

gridirongrace

Can you help me? Quick question? 

Trying to decide if I should consider whether a Thermal Spa pass is worth it on the Equinox? Right now on the website for a 6 night cruise it lists $219 per person. Is it worth it? Am I better off upgrading to the Aquaclass? It costs $390 to upgrade to Aquaclass instead of a balcony room.  Eating at Blu isn't necessary for us. The last cruise we went on was a newer boat and the spa was very nice.  

Just curious, experienced cruisers.  What do you think? What would you do?   Thank you for your thoughts and advice!  

Capture.JPG.feaf7fb5e906988acb6d9fb15a42b1ca.JPG

23 minutes ago, gridirongrace said:

Can you help me? Quick question? 

Trying to decide if I should consider whether a Thermal Spa pass is worth it on the Equinox? Right now on the website for a 6 night cruise it lists $219 per person. Is it worth it? Am I better off upgrading to the Aquaclass? It costs $390 to upgrade to Aquaclass instead of a balcony room.  Eating at Blu isn't necessary for us. The last cruise we went on was a newer boat and the spa was very nice.  

Just curious, experienced cruisers.  What do you think? What would you do?   Thank you for your thoughts and advice!  

Capture.JPG.feaf7fb5e906988acb6d9fb15a42b1ca.JPG

Seems you already answered your question $219 gets you what you want.  Additional $390 gets you Blu, which you don’t care about.

• Like 1

Thank you for responding.  🙂

I don't think I phrased my question right-my fault

If you are not having a treatment done, is the thermal spa an area on the ship you would want to regularly visit during the cruise? More than 1x? What is the thermal spa on the Equinox like? I am sure it is spectacular on the newer ships, but is it worth the visit on the Equinox?   Thanks! 

2 hours ago, gridirongrace said:

If you are not having a treatment done, is the thermal spa an area on the ship you would want to regularly visit during the cruise? More than 1x? What is the thermal spa on the Equinox like? I am sure it is spectacular on the newer ships, but is it worth the visit on the Equinox?   Thanks!

Hi!  I was on the Equinox in October '21 in AquaClass.   I actually only went one time to the Persian Gardens, the first day for a tour.  I intended to go one day (since it was included) but never got there.   I am not a sauna/hot space room person so wouldn't use those spaces.   There was the room with the heated tile loungers, a rain shower, a salt room and aromatherapy.  The rooms are all the same blue tile except for one little area that makes that room called that.   There is also a relaxation room that faces out the front of the ship.  If you like those rooms and just like to relax in that atmosphere than you would probably enjoy it.

The Equinox space isn't called Sea Thermal as noted in your cruise planner, it's the Persian Garden.  It is definitely different than E-class ships.  

Besides the tour, I was in the spa 'area' one time for a pedicure and manicure and that was a separate area.

Maybe go on the first day for a tour and then decide.  

We weren't sure about Blu beforehand but loved it.  💙   Perhaps look more into Blu. 

😉

🍹

Heated tile loungers 

964195302_20211008_1635492.thumb.jpg.f2e2697734b84f6579ff554b07ec6584.jpg

Edited by PinkSandGirl
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, gridirongrace said:

Thank you for responding.  🙂

I don't think I phrased my question right-my fault

My husband and I like to go every day before dinner to relax - it is one of the things we look forward to during a cruise. The fee or booking Aqua Class is worth it to us because we know we will use the Persian Gardens. 

• Like 1

Are these prices you list per person? $219 vs $390 (x2).

Unless you need the tier points there isn't much advantage to booking AQC if you don't value BLU as much (I share your sentiment, not a fan of BLU myself).

That's a pretty steep price to visit the Persian Garden/Thermal Spa. I do love it though, especially when it's cold and rainy outside. Only you will be able to put a value on that.

• Like 1

One last point. If you didn't know there's a complementary sauna in the women's and men's spa/gym locker room that's available to everyone. Sometimes that might be enough so one doesn't need to pay for the thermal suite.

3 hours ago, kwokpot said:

One last point. If you didn't know there's a complementary sauna in the women's and men's spa/gym locker room that's available to everyone. Sometimes that might be enough so one doesn't need to pay for the thermal suite.

I didn't realize that the locker room, sauna and showers were available to all passengers without charge.  My assumption was that you had to be booked in Aqua Class (perhaps all suite-holders as well?).  The lockers require keys, so do you just ask the spa staff for a key?  I've been on 3 Equinox sailings in the past 6 months and would have definitely made use of those facilities had I known they were included.

Edited by gardengalaz
typo

10 hours ago, gardengalaz said:

I didn't realize that the locker room, sauna and showers were available to all passengers without charge.  My assumption was that you had to be booked in Aqua Class (perhaps all suite-holders as well?).  The lockers require keys, so do you just ask the spa staff for a key?  I've been on 3 Equinox sailings in the past 6 months and would have definitely made use of those facilities had I known they were included.

You would request a locker key from the Spa Reception Desk by exchanging your Seapass Card for the key. BTW the locker room access to all passengers are only on M & S Class ships.  Starting with the E class ships locker room access is as you originally thought, only for Thermal suite pass, Aquaclass, or those with a treatment. 

Eliminating Locker rooms for Fitness Center guests seems to be a more common cruiseship design these days. On Royal the Oasis and Quantum Class ships have no free access locker rooms and on many of the major overalls of existing ships the locker rooms are being taken away and replaced with small lockers for you personal stuff right at the fitness centers' entrance. NCL no longer has locker rooms associated with their Fitness Centers.