Rome hotel info

Three of my friends will be flying into Rome prior to our cruise in April.

Looking for a reasonable hotel in a good location. . .Would anyone know how much would they have to spend for a triple room?

Also, what area should they look for a hotel?

Many thanks!

Wongri,

Please post the length of time your friends will be staying in Rome, and what you think their budget might be for "reasonable" accomodations. Also if you have a sense of anything that might be on their must-do list.

I'll be happy to share a few ideas.

Kendal

Hey BJ! Howdy to you and to Cliff!

Hi Kendall,

The Kong's will be in Rome for 3 days prior to the cruise.

They require triple room around $200 - $300 USD.

As it is their first time in Rome they would like to see the major sites and enjoy some of that wonderful italian cuisine. Their son is most interested in art and has taken many animation and art courses. And, od course a bit of shopping.

Many thanks for your suggestions and assistance.

Rita

Rita,

The Kong's will find that the western half of Rome's centro storico will put them in closer proximity to the major sites. An easy walk to The Pantheon, Piazza Navona, Trastevere, Campidoglio and Musei Capitolini, and the Roman Forum. 15-20 minutes to walk to St. Peter's, Vatican Museum, and the Colosseum. Plenty of that wonderful Italian cuisine close by too!

Here are some lodging suggestions covering your price range:

Residenza Canali (my favorite of the lot)

www.residenzacanali.com

Albergo del Senato

www.albergodelsenato.it

Argentina Residenza

www.argentinaresidenza.com

Pantheon View B&B

www.pantheonview.hotel-roma.net

I wish all of you buon viaggio!

Kendal

If you haven't already booked, I would strongly suggest that you look into the Hotel Domus Romana (also known as the Montebello Domus Romana), 17th century converted nuns' monastery. Wonderful place, within easy walking distance of the Trevi Fountain, and several beautiful churches. A longer walk to the Pantheon etc. Very easy access to the subway. Look it up on the web - I used Google.

There's also Hotel Domus Praetoria. It's about 2 minutes walk from Termini Station, the central transportation point in Rome. Rates for a double are around 125 Euro per night, which isn't all that bad for Rome. Good reviews on TripAdvisor.

I recommend using the Nicolas Inn. It's a B&B on Via Cavour just around the corner from the Roman Forum. About a 7 or 8 min walk to the Colosseum. We walk every day to the Pantheon , Trevi Fountain etc. Everything was easy to walk to. Just walk down Via Corso..all the signs are there to direct you. The owners of this hotel are husband and wife. The wife, Melissa, is American. She was invaluable! She arranged tours, airport transfers, restaurant reservations and always had excellent directions! She provides you with a map upon arrival. Melissa even let us borrow a fan from her home because my hubby and I sleep better with the noise as well as air blowing on us. :) They had a king sized bed which is a big plus for me! Comfortable too! Rome is such a romantic city and I can't wait til next year because we're definately going back! We threw out coins in the Trevi so that seals the deal! ;)

This hotel is recommended by Romeby.com, Venere.com and Rick Steves Rome book

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

I will have lots to chose from now.

Will check them all out and see if available for dates required.

Toronto is expecting a snowstorm later tonight so I can play on my computer and investigate the hotels listed!

Cheers,

Rita

Archived