Hello from the Allure, 3/27 sailing!

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

CityChickCruising was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

Good morning! Currently watching the sunrise on the Allure and thought I’d check in to give a pulse check on this spring break cruise.

4000ish people on board according to multiple crew members, this week 600 of them are kids. It is indeed Michigan’s spring break, lots of Michiganders on here which could very well be the reason everyone is so darn happy and kind. Leaving snow for paradise! 

No Crown or Captain Morgan still.

They were selling dining packages when you got on the ship still, but when we went to Chops to book it without a package around 4pm, it was full the first two nights of our six night sailing! Great news for the restaurants, they are getting back to busy!

All Mamma Mia, adult comedy and aqua shows for the week were booked up by 6pm on embarkation day.

Crew members are very happy to have fuller ships, everyone is super kind and welcoming and ecstatic to be here. Have had conversations with new and older crew members - all joyful to be on board.

A few more seasoned crew members don’t think masks will go away for them soon, but said testing on Allure for crew is every 14 days instead of 7, which they are seeing as a sign of progress! 

Food has been fantastic, drinks have been perfectly poured, and our fellow passengers have been kind and simply excited to be here.

Happy to answer any questions this week, but don’t plan to make this a live post as I know I will only disappoint with my lack of liveliness in posting🤣

• Like 10

Oh, and for @BennyBrun and all who enjoy, I wanted to share that they have mushroom soup this week on the Allure! Both MDR (they switched out cauliflower soup for mushroom on the menu last night) and Chops have it. Thanks to Benny’s Oasis class tour the past couple months, I feel very prepared for this vacation! 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

Enjoy your cruise. I still have a few more weeks to wait to get back aboard.

Thanks so much - it has been fantastic so far!

just had breakfast in the MDR and it was really, really great. Things couldn’t be better so far.

Enjoy your cruise!! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CityChickCruising said:

Oh, and for @BennyBrun and all who enjoy, I wanted to share that they have mushroom soup this week on the Allure! Both MDR (they switched out cauliflower soup for mushroom on the menu last night) and Chops have it. Thanks to Benny’s Oasis class tour the past couple months, I feel very prepared for this vacation! 

Hallelujah to mushroom soup!! Any word on if Samba Grill is back open?

I am on Allure starting Saturday this week!  Is the iceshow still Ice Games?  I saw it back in November and to say I wasn't a fan, not was my husband, is putting it mildly.  As a figure skater myself, probably one of the worst ice shows I have ever seen on RCCL.  Would like to see something else.  If it's still on, I'll just do something else.  

Safe cruising!

1 hour ago, Icesk8rReedy said:

I am on Allure starting Saturday this week!  Is the iceshow still Ice Games?  I saw it back in November and to say I wasn't a fan, not was my husband, is putting it mildly.  As a figure skater myself, probably one of the worst ice shows I have ever seen on RCCL.  Would like to see something else.  If it's still on, I'll just do something else.  

Safe cruising!

Thank you! Yep, same show for this entire week, sorry to disappoint! 

Thank you! We are going on Allure on the April 10th. Following along!

would you be willing to check out WJ and see if they have an official GF section? and also whether they are serving you or self serve? 

Have a lovely time!

5 hours ago, Icesk8rReedy said:

I am on Allure starting Saturday this week!  Is the iceshow still Ice Games?  I saw it back in November and to say I wasn't a fan, not was my husband, is putting it mildly.  As a figure skater myself, probably one of the worst ice shows I have ever seen on RCCL.  Would like to see something else.  

Safe cruising!

w good to know.  I am lucky to do Wonder and Symphony before I return to the Allure which I did back in 2011.

It is odd that each Oasis ship is missing something.  Ice show, or broadway show, or Aqua full show.

oh well.  I can't wait to see how the big screen over Central Park is going to sound in evening in central park where I like it peaceful.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jbrinkm said:

Also, if you can find a copy of the Entertainment schedule (names of comedians, etc.), I would LOVE to see a picture of that.

We would appreciate the same. We are trying to plan our My Time schedule around the show times.  Thanks so much

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CatLadyFemme said:

Thank you! We are going on Allure on the April 10th. Following along!

would you be willing to check out WJ and see if they have an official GF section? and also whether they are serving you or self serve? 

Have a lovely time!

They are serving and have electronic signs up saying just as much! Both sides of the WJ are open this week as well, for breakfast at least.

I walked around during breakfast when I was exploring and can’t recall any specific section, but I will be sure to check and report back on a GF section tomorrow! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DesireeC03 said:

On Allure this weekend - for the first time!

Glad to hear business is normalizing some.  If you experience any must dos or must haves this week - would love to hear about it.

Enjoy your cruise

Thanks so much! We are having a wonderful time - 26F and cruising with my mom. The crew is top notch, definitely recommend trying out the different bars and watching the sun rise over the back of the ship. We are doing the adult comedy show tonight and are booked for the other shows the rest of the week, so I’ll report back on must dos!!!

have to say that despite returning to ‘normal,’ bars have been relatively easy to pop into and bartenders have said they’re not super busy at night since so many kids are cruising! The only gripe I have with the Allure is the fact that the pool bars are so small as they haven’t amplified to Lime and Coconut yet. They have one, two if we are lucky, bartenders on floor 16 (top deck above pools) and the lines build on sea days like today.

other than that, we can’t complain (not that we’d actually complain to anyone who isn’t cruise critic😜)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, CityChickCruising said:

Here you are!! 

Thank you!!! I'm on the same itinerary in two weeks, so this is really, really helpful. (I'm making an assumption that the entertainment schedule will be the same or very similar.)

Edited by jbrinkm
adding more

7 hours ago, Icesk8rReedy said:

Safe cruising!

It is the same show. It is the same show from when I first cruised on Allure years ago and I am sure it hasn't changed since I was aboard in January. I think Oasis has a much better ice show.

2 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

w good to know.  I am lucky to do Wonder and Symphony before I return to the Allure which I did back in 2011.

It is odd that each Oasis ship is missing something.  Ice show, or broadway show, or Aqua full show.

I'll be honest and say that if I had to choose which of those was the "bad" show, it would be the ice show. I've never seen the Aqua show, so looking forward to that, and can't wait to see Mamma Mia. The ice show I could take or leave...