Please share your thoughts on different beaches with good to excellent snorkeling.

KENLORJUS

My favorite snorkel is off of Klein Bonaire.  You need to take a water taxi here and the island has NOTHING but vegetation on it.  Eden Beach has a resort where you can rent chairs, or just lay your towel and stuff on the beach.  Cha Cha Cha beach is right at the cruise pier, there are some rocks where you will see some fish, good if you don't want to travel.  When we cruise to Bonaire we always book a snorkel excursion with Woodwind  https://www.woodwindbonaire.com/

We did a land vacation just before covid.  Here is a link to different beaches.  If you are driving on your own, they are marked by a large yellow rock with the name painted on it in black  https://www.tourismbonaire.com/bonaire-beach

We plan on doing another land vacation here and I would like to snorkel 1000 steps which is up north, and the salt pier.

Edited by topspot

We were last there in 2018 and are returning next month, both times with a cruise.  Last time we rented a golf cart through Bonaire Cruisers and spent the day driving around sightseeing and stopping at many beaches.  Like the prior poster said, they are marked with a painted rock and we just stopped and waded in.  I love to snorkel but I have issues with being out where the water is deep so shore snorkeling is perfect for me.  At some of these little beaches we were only in 2-3 feet of water and it was spectacular.  These were not beaches with huge stretches of sand where you would plant a beach chair or anything.  They were just good little snorkeling stops.  Where ever you end up, you must have water shoes with you.  Also, be very careful about sunscreen and/or wearing clothing over your skin.  We have a lot of experience in the southern Caribbean but I still got the worst sunburn ever last time I was in Bonaire.  I had applied sunscreen to my back and I'm darker skinned too but I got so wrapped up in the excellent snorkeling I forgot to reapply.  This time I will wear a shirt too.

• Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 1:47 PM, kands6191 said:

We were last there in 2018 and are returning next month, both times with a cruise.  Last time we rented a golf cart through Bonaire Cruisers and spent the day driving around sightseeing and stopping at many beaches.  Like the prior poster said, they are marked with a painted rock and we just stopped and waded in.  I love to snorkel but I have issues with being out where the water is deep so shore snorkeling is perfect for me.  At some of these little beaches we were only in 2-3 feet of water and it was spectacular.  These were not beaches with huge stretches of sand where you would plant a beach chair or anything.  They were just good little snorkeling stops.  Where ever you end up, you must have water shoes with you.  Also, be very careful about sunscreen and/or wearing clothing over your skin.  We have a lot of experience in the southern Caribbean but I still got the worst sunburn ever last time I was in Bonaire.  I had applied sunscreen to my back and I'm darker skinned too but I got so wrapped up in the excellent snorkeling I forgot to reapply.  This time I will wear a shirt too.

Thank you so much this is helpful.

On 4/9/2022 at 1:47 PM, kands6191 said:

Thank you so much this is helpful.