Is FCC transferable

DT1304

Hi all,

I cant seem to find this out on the RCI website or even on the email with my FCC certificates.

I had a cruise booked pre covid and have 3 FCC certificates from the same booking ID, but in 3 different names (Mine, my wifes and my daughter)

Now I want to book a cruise in December, and the lady I spoke to taking the booking could not tell me if the 3rd certificate would be eligible for this cruise as my daughter (whose name the certificate is in) will not be on this new cruise booking. (My other 2 kids will be on this cruise)

I have sent an email enquiry through, but was hoping someone on here with any experience would be able to tell me the answer before I have to wait for a response from a website enquiry form. (Or does someone have an email I can contact them on to ask for a quicker response)

I have just cashed in 6 FCC's, and had a similar situation, my experience was the FCC can only be transferred to the owner of the credit card that paid for the original cruise. 

• 2 months later...

I realize that this post might be a little stale, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any recent success with transferring a FCC.  DH & I had to cancel a planned sailing with our DGD due to her vaccination status, so we have a FCC in her name.  Can we use her FCC for an upcoming sailing without her?  I greatly appreciate any insight from others who've experienced a similar situation.  TIA

11 minutes ago, OT-Miami said:

I realize that this post might be a little stale, but I'm wondering if anyone has had any recent success with transferring a FCC.  DH & I had to cancel a planned sailing with our DGD due to her vaccination status, so we have a FCC in her name.  Can we use her FCC for an upcoming sailing without her?  I greatly appreciate any insight from others who've experienced a similar situation.  TIA

yes, just did it.  as long as the original owner 1 - calls Royal and has them tranfer it to someone else or 2 - provides a letter to the TA saying they want to transfer to someone else, it can be done.  I had paid for a cruise for our granddaughter for her graduation, but she refuses to be vaccinated so cannot go.  So they transferred the FCC's to my husband and I and they are already applied to our Dec Oasis cruise.  It was super easy. 

• Thanks 1

Interesting that it can now be done. Prior to this policy change an FCC could only be transferred if the owners were under age 12 or over age 70. We used this at the time to transfer two FCC owned by our under age 12 grandchildren to us.

Just transferred three FCC’s in my daughter and granddaughters name to me.

It was nice to have that extra $750 applied to my cruise since I had paid for their original cruise….😁😁

• Like 1