Rapid NAAT Covid Test

rgreenba

3 hours ago, rgreenba said:

On the Celebrity website it states that the only Covid tests they will accept are the PCR, the NAAT and the Rapid Antigen test.  Has anyone taken the "Rapid NAAT" test and was it accepted by Celebrity?

Yes

I was wondering the same. We have Canadian home test kits (virtually proctored) that are RT-LAMP (PCR equivalent). They're accepted for inbound travel to Canada as they're molecular tests, but I thought it was odd that Celebrity only mentioned PCR and not molecular tests more broadly.

16 minutes ago, Canadian_J said:

I was wondering the same. We have Canadian home test kits (virtually proctored) that are RT-LAMP (PCR equivalent). They're accepted for inbound travel to Canada as they're molecular tests, but I thought it was odd that Celebrity only mentioned PCR and not molecular tests more broadly.

The FAQ says molecular or antigen. There is really no  widely available test they will not accept as long as it's not a self administered home test. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 8.17.19 AM.png

25 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

The FAQ says molecular or antigen. There is really no  widely available test they will not accept as long as it's not a self administered home test. 

Screen Shot 2022-03-29 at 8.17.19 AM.png

Thanks! I'd missed that section of the FAQ's. I was focused on the Certificate of Recovery section. It only states PCR, but given that types of tests are addressed here, I think that answers it for me. Cheers!