Our Excursion to Caye Caulker with Coral Breeze

elklemi

March 24, 2022 did our second excursion to Caye Caulker with Coral Breeze and wanted to let all know that this is an excellent trip and this company is first rate and take care of their customers.  I too was worried on my first trip about missing ship etc that makes it easy to make a snap decision to use a ship excursion but as we walked past lines of people for ship excursion you realize you are doing something different. They met us (3) and took us to a dock by the Radisson Hotel just around the corner from port.  We waited on 5 people and Star was concerned that if they did not show they would have to cancel for just the 3 of us.  Realize this happens to even ship excursions but explained to her how this was our second time to CC and how much we looked forward to making this trip.  She made a call and said if the other 5 did not show they would send us to CC so we would not miss our trip.  Well they did show finally (5 young women who live in Belize City) and they were doing the shark alley snorkel but we were just going to the island.  It is about 45 minute boat ride and Captain Jimmy was an excellent captain and the young lady who led the snorkel was excellent with history of area and info on ocean etc.  They dropped us 3 at the split and off they went.  We spent the next few hours at the Lizard and had a wonderful time relaxing and enjoying cold beverages.  We were picked up at agreed upon time and we got back and got on 4:15 tender and sat on tender for another 45 minutes until returned to ship, wish I had that extra time on CC.

Concerned about this trip I hope this makes others rethink as Star and Coral Breeze are very competent and run a safe excursion and much cheaper than being on a huge ship excursion.  If I can answer any questions or concerns I will answer or email Star as she answered all my questions as we had to deal with Daylight savings time and two hour time difference.  

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

We did this similar excursion with another company, through Carnival, and loved it!! It was way more fun than we thought it was going to be. We did the snorkeling, the sharks/rays, hung at the Lazy Lizard, had lunch, fed the tarpon, and loved the entire day! I know you said you did yours through a different company, but just wanted to add on how much we loved the trip out there and would completely recommend going out there!

• 3 weeks later...

Pre-covid, we have been there about 4 times.  Always took the water taxi just to the left of the port.  Always can back a little early just in case.  Rented a golf cart once.  I was a great, unique trip