Yeah for carnival !!

melika091900

:D I just wanted to express my happiness... with carnival

we got a 100$ off coupon from someone.. and we already booked our trip through expedia, called carnival, no problem you can use it !!!!called expedia yes we will apply it and take off 100$$ no problem

im so excited since before in the past ive tried to use coupons on other lines and they always got out of not honoring them at all.. so im happy that carnival did....

just wanted to share a positive thread

happy cruising everyone

and i got the coupons off ebay,, ( FYI )

Good for you! Enjoy your cruise - knowing you've saved $$!:) Always a good start.

it is

im just glad they honored it , i always have trouble using the coupons on other lines they always have a way to get out of it ..

but hey 100$ is good for 1day of drinks :D

thanks

melissa

Always make sure to read the fine print on any coupon, that is where the problem usually lies. The Entertainment coupons are only good for cabin assignments 6a or higher. Often the lead rate guarantee is a better rate than the entertainment rate and cannot be combined with any other discount.

:D I just wanted to express my happiness... with carnival

we got a 100$ off coupon from someone.. and we already booked our trip through expedia, called carnival, no problem you can use it !!!!called expedia yes we will apply it and take off 100$$ no problem

im so excited since before in the past ive tried to use coupons on other lines and they always got out of not honoring them at all.. so im happy that carnival did....

just wanted to share a positive thread

happy cruising everyone

and i got the coupons off ebay,, ( FYI )

eBay has a ton of those coupons. I used mine for the Pride in March. You can buy them off eBay for 5 bucks & they save you $100. SWEET! They are the entertainment coupons. One word of caution with those...If you apply it to your reservation & decide to purchase an upgrade later, you may not be so lucky. I am booked on the Pride March 26th with Balcony 8A on the Main Deck. I wanted to switch to 8B one deck higher but am not allowed to since I used that coupon. Apparently, the 8B is not offered with the coupon so I would have to pay for 8C which would cost almost $200 for 2 people. If your not going to upgrade, the coupon is fine. If you are, check what you are eligible for first. Also, make sure coupons you buy dont have small print restrictions or expiration dates.

I looked at these on Ebay but they said it was not for existing bookings only new. I was hoping to purchase and get an onboard credit for my cruise that has been paid in full. It sounds like that is what the op did. Does anyone know for sure?

I looked at these on Ebay but they said it was not for existing bookings only new. I was hoping to purchase and get an onboard credit for my cruise that has been paid in full. It sounds like that is what the op did. Does anyone know for sure?

I bought my cruise directly with carnival. I bought the coupon 2 months later, mailed it in with my final payment & they applied it. My final payment was for $1,673.00. I mailed the coupon & a check for $1,573.00. That being said, I applied this after I booked so it should work.

I called Carnival and had asked them about applying the Entertainment coupon to my bookings. They said it was fine yet when I called the agency that booked it, they told me :mad: Carnival denied it. I had booked 2 cabins in the 6C category and I have sailed with Carnival 4 times previously. Go figure:rolleyes:

I called and asked if I could apply the $100 coupon. They said sure... but I would have to give up the deal I already booked. They said my current booking is a much better deal... a much better savings than $100. I kept my current booking.

Sounds like one deal or coupon per cabin.

This makes sense.

It does say that, but I have been able to use them after booking. They will cancel and rebook you if you use the coupon, so they have to be used before the penalty phase and if the price has gone up since you booked, it won't be worth it. For example, if you paid $600 p/p for two people and the same category is going for $650 when you send in the coupon, it's a wash. If you pay in full when you book, you can still use the coupon up until the day that final payment is required. This is when the penalty phase begins. I think it's about 70 days prior to sailing for a 7 day cruise. After that day, if you cancel, even if you plan to rebook, there is a penalty which increases as you get closer to the sail date. I have heard that some have been able to use them after the penalty phase begins but I wouldn't count on it.

I called Carnival and had asked them about applying the Entertainment coupon to my bookings. They said it was fine yet when I called the agency that booked it, they told me :mad: Carnival denied it.

I booked with a travel agent and they said I just needed to mail my filled out coupon (traceable-Fed Ex or UPS) here:

Carnival

Attn: Research Dept

3655 NW 87th Avenue

Miami FL 33178

Then they applied it to my booking automatically and then the agent contacted me.

Of course it comes off the cruise price and your agent gets less commission. DONT'T GIVE UP!!! They work for you-you don't owe the travel agent anything. If they don't come through from you-they obviously don't want your repeat business.

I too booked through an agent. Carnival needs to receive the original coupon filled out with your reservation number, ship name and sailing date in order for it to be applied to your booking. The TA is giving you the run around. You have nothing to loose except mail the coupon. Verify later that carnival received it and applied it. You can do that by the old book modify method. It will show you balance owed. Not only that, when carnival applied it, the TA's program will update balance owed.

Always make sure to read the fine print on any coupon, that is where the problem usually lies. The Entertainment coupons are only good for cabin assignments 6a or higher. Often the lead rate guarantee is a better rate than the entertainment rate and cannot be combined with any other discount.

That's the key......they won't honor it if there is some other kind of discount....Senior, special promotions, Military......etc...

I was just going to post about what voyagerfl said.

You cannot use the coupon if you're using any other promotional rate.

I originally used the coupon and got my 100 off. Recently however there were deals where you book a 8a and get an 8c (we're in 8C) The price for the 8a cabin was lower than what I hve with the coupon.

I called my PVP and while she first said nothing can be done due to using the coupon, she followed up with her supervisor and ultimately they gave me shipboard credit. I noted however, that my code changed to the P2P which is the 2 upgrade promo.

I got one and gave it to my TA and time of booking and she called carnival and they said it couldn't be used either (we were booking 6C) no specials. She said they were selling the cruise out so well that is why they were not honering it. We paid with Credit card up front so the day we booked with TA was final pmt. Received documents yesterday. I may try and send it into that carnival research dept. just in case ...would love some shipboard credit:p

Archived