My Drinks or My Drinks plus

dritan

I guess this is a question for anyone who has recently been on board.  I last travelled on Costa back in Oct but since then there has been a change in the drinks package.  When booking I selected the My Drinks option but noticed a My Drinks plus option on the My Costa area.  

In the last cruise, I paid a similar priced increase to go up to ( I think) Piu Gusto - so there were more cocktail options than the standard ( Brindiamo - forgive me but I'm just going on memory here).  This was worth it for me as I love a good cocktail.

Is the shift from MY Drinks to My Drinks plus pretty much the same, although I note that it includes the minibar or is it the equivalent of the highest grade from the old days?  Are the bar menus any different as a result as they used to be colour coded by drink package type?

It all depends on what you usually consume on a day. I have Piu Gusto included in my fare, so water, beer or wine with lunch and dinner. If I would upgrade to My Drinks Plus that will be Euro 38.70 per day for me. Difficult for me to spend on drinks and I do not like the restriction: "Usable in any café or bar on board (with the exception of theme cafés or bars)." I am a big spender when it comes to Coffee drinks, so that will be the main-drink for me after having wine and water with lunch and dinner already, so being restricted where I can have it is a no-no for me. Also for example spending the day on an excursion it will be impossible for me to pend Euro 38.70 on drinks. So you will need to calculate your spending habits. I opted for pay as you go.

• 2 weeks later...

Dancer Bob, thank you.

Wondering whether the Special Non-Alcoholic Drinks are included in the 100% alcohol-free (40 beverages) - since it says:

The best of non-alcoholic beverages from the bar drinks list. This package provides easy access to: fruit juices, cold teas, cordials, and non-alcoholic long drinks. Maximum freedom  for you to enjoy or offer to anyone at any time during the cruise.

On 4/1/2022 at 1:15 PM, BVILady said:

"Usable in any café or bar on board (with the exception of theme cafés or bars)."

I have that restriction too and am wondering what that means. It seems most of the bars at least on the Toscana have some sort of a theme. 

Just back from Toscana (great cruise).  Have to say that if I had to do it again, I wouldn't have gone for the My Drinks Plus option.  One of the reasons we went for it was that it included the minibar but didn't realise that Toscana doesn't have minibars in their cabins.  The My Drinks is basically the Piu Gusto package, so most cocktails, wine options etc.  The Plus included a handful of better quality cocktails such as Melon Balls, Margheritas, as well as a few extra wine by the glass options.  But really not worth it for me.

The Heineken bar was great and included a lot of beers and beer cocktails - they also had a rock trio on most nights. 

On 4/19/2022 at 11:16 PM, dritan said:

Just back from Toscana (great cruise).  Have to say that if I had to do it again, I wouldn't have gone for the My Drinks Plus option.  One of the reasons we went for it was that it included the minibar but didn't realise that Toscana doesn't have minibars in their cabins.  The My Drinks is basically the Piu Gusto package, so most cocktails, wine options etc.  The Plus included a handful of better quality cocktails such as Melon Balls, Margheritas, as well as a few extra wine by the glass options.  But really not worth it for me.

The Heineken bar was great and included a lot of beers and beer cocktails - they also had a rock trio on most nights. 

Just got back from the Toscana today and agree. We had the basic My Drinks package, which was sufficient for our purposes. The included wines were from Sicily and not bad at all. especially the rosé and the red. Did not care for the white as much.

I was under the impression that "themed bars" like the Heineken Bar were not included and only on the last day found out that all of the beers had a yellow dot behind them, which means they were included in our package.

Basic Margheritas were included in our package as were Italian staples such as Aperol Spritz. The also make good Mojitos.  There was really not much we misses. Need a week of liver detox now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1