Caves & Jungles of Belize

friedshrimp

I assume you are speaking of the cave tubing? If so, the walk is really the only half way strenuous part, if you can walk in the heat and take hills OK for 30 minutes or so, you should be ok.. There were some people your age on our tour last year. We went in April adn the water was low and caused us to have to "work" at floating through the caves a bit more. Enjoyable day.

This is a very active, rugged tour. The 4x4 portion is really rough and throws you around, and the

caves require some duck walking, and bending. The folks who go are usually sore the next day. I'm doing this in April and I'm really excited.

HAL describes it as 45 minutes by boat up the river, arrive at a local farm to change to 4x4 vehicles for the trip on the trails and across the river in a barge, a short walk through the rainforest to the caves for some caving and a "jungle truck" back. This takes 5 hours and listed as moderate activity by HAL.

BTW, are these 10 person 4x4's? Are drivers provided (I hope!). April for us too.

We're inactive overwieght 60 year olds. But this sounds like by far the best tour for the whole cruise. A whirlpool and massage is a good cure for the soreness. :)

mark and gretchen

HAL describes it as 45 minutes by boat up the river, arrive at a local farm to change to 4x4 vehicles for the trip on the trails and across the river in a barge, a short walk through the rainforest to the caves for some caving and a "jungle truck" back. This takes 5 hours and listed as moderate activity by HAL.

BTW, are these 10 person 4x4's? Are drivers provided (I hope!). April for us too.

We're inactive overwieght 60 year olds. But this sounds like by far the best tour for the whole cruise. A whirlpool and massage is a good cure for the soreness. :)

mark and gretchen

Yes, I too have read HAL's remarks and hope they are accurate. From my understanding though, they select the drivers from the pool of passengers. Personnally, I hope I get to drive one! I have many years of experience on the Autobahns in Germany, so I'm curious to see what the top speed of these babies is :eek: . As for the whirlpool, completely agree 100%. Just add the drink of the day and it's off to lala-land (until the midnight buffet line open :) ).

mark and gretchen

I just noticed on the Roll Call that you are on our cruise (sorry, haven't been paying much attention to the names of families without kids, trying to make sure our kids have as good a time as we will, but their interests lie elsewhere). Are you going to take this tour as well? The 6 of us have already signed up for it online. Can't wait!

Archived