Live Cruising Review Edge 4/3/2022 - 4/10/2022. Plenty of pictures!

BennyBrun

2 hours ago, mac_tlc said:

Thanks for taking us along! We love the Edge and didn’t notice any service differences between it and Apex. We have Edge booked for a Transcanal next March and the first two legs of the repo to Australia. Looking forward to Beyond to see if there are any “enhancements”.

See you onboard Oasis on 5/1!!!!!

mac_tlc

Can’t wait to hear about the Beyond!  I most likely won’t make it back to Celebrity until next May for the Norway cruise on the Apex.  I have got quite a few Caribbean, South Hampton, Greece, Alaska, Mediterranean and Australia coming up!

Yes… Waldo will see you on Oasis!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BennyBrun said:

Can’t wait to hear about the Beyond!  I most likely won’t make it back to Celebrity until next May for the Norway cruise on the Apex.  I have got quite a few Caribbean, South Hampton, Greece, Alaska, Mediterranean and Australia coming up!

Yes… Waldo will see you on Oasis!

Interesting future list! We are also doing Norway next year, on Jewel of the Seas for 12 nights. Choose that one over Apex mainly due to longer cruise and itinerary. 

• Like 1

On 4/5/2022 at 11:22 PM, BennyBrun said:

Day 3 Allure/Symphony drama…Yes you read it correctly!!

So by accident I found out by talking with two couples that they missed their flight to Miami due to the weekend flight drama and missed boarding Symphony (my favorite Oasis Class ship) in Miami so they flew to San Juan to meet the Symphony today.  Unfortunately Allure broke down (rope got sucked into the thruster ) so the Symphony was not able to dock today so guess what happened… those poor people were not able to meet their ship.  Talk about a series of unfortunate incidents.  They were on the phone with Royal and the only option was to fly to St.Thomas tomorrow to meet the ship.  They asked if they can jump on the Allure or The Edge and was told no go!  YIKES!!

Interesting to read this.  I was on the Symphony last week, we were supposed to port in San Juan but it was announced that we would have to skip San Juan because there was a ship having technical difficulties that was in our spot, wouldn't have guessed it would have been one of the Symphony's siblings.

• Like 1

We were on the same cruise. Thanks so much for the gorgeous photos and commentary! I am lax on both accounts. I think you had mentioned in one of your posts that you thought there were more people sick than were reported. Yesterday the count was 32 crew and 11 passengers. I am 65, triple vaxed and never had co-vid before. Late yesterday I started having some nasal drip (not uncommon for me) but also some chills. Sure enough, a home test was positive. I will say that I heard coughing throughout the cruise, the bad kind, not because they swallowed wrong. Ughh. Anyways, it was a great cruise.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, newtampagirl said:

We were on the same cruise. Thanks so much for the gorgeous photos and commentary! I am lax on both accounts. I think you had mentioned in one of your posts that you thought there were more people sick than were reported. Yesterday the count was 32 crew and 11 passengers. I am 65, triple vaxed and never had co-vid before. Late yesterday I started having some nasal drip (not uncommon for me) but also some chills. Sure enough, a home test was positive. I will say that I heard coughing throughout the cruise, the bad kind, not because they swallowed wrong. Ughh. Anyways, it was a great cruise.

I did see 5 vans parked outside of the other exit waiting to take passengers off the ship.  I don’t want to make light of the how serious Covid can get but I think as we move forward we have to learn to live with this because eradicating completely does not seem like is going to work.  It was a great cruise but I did hear a lot of people sneezing and coughing all over the ship but again everyone is vaccinated and hopefully they knew that if they are not feeling well they will report to medical for their own personal well being.  I am also triple vaccinated and will probably go for the fourth dose.  It was interesting to see that the numbers were low during sea days and after San Juan it started to go up daily.  Them testing 424 got 32 can you imagine if they did a full testing?  The numbers won’t look good but I am glad that it was report everyone was in good health!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MacanAle said:

Interesting to read this.  I was on the Symphony last week, we were supposed to port in San Juan but it was announced that we would have to skip San Juan because there was a ship having technical difficulties that was in our spot, wouldn't have guessed it would have been one of the Symphony's siblings.

It was the Allure.  It was weird as we pulled in there were so many people on the pool deck looking out at us and when I walked passed by their gates were locked but it was no where near their departure time.

49 minutes ago, joand452 said:

Thank you for taking us on another cruise!  Happy to say I'll be getting on my own cruise this weekend!  No live blogging like Benny, though!

Don't forgot to post when you start the next virtual cruise!!

OMG!!  Have a fantastic cruise and please enjoy yourselves and savor every moment!!!  I will keep you posted on the next virtual cruise!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...