Miracle over Christmas and New Years

lbfluffy

It has been 5 years since we have been on Carnival. We decided to take a family vacation with our two adult children. My daughter is a teacher. Her class starts back on Jan 3rd. We researched the best fit for us that would go over Christmas and New Years. The Miracle works perfectly since it would be a back to back. Plus we are from California and do not want to spend extra to fly. Our agent is working on the best deal for us. She gave me a quote for a quad balcony. Pretty good deal. I’m having her check an obstructed balcony as well. I know two cabins would be nice too, but that is $900 more even with putting my kids in an inside. I’m looking forward to our time as a family. Now I need to find dog sitter since my son  are is my dog sitter. I know the Miracle has received poor reviews, but we sailed on her in 2014. Any cruise for us is a treat.

We did Princess over New Year’s Eve last year and loved it. Does Carnival blow the foghorn as well at midnight?

Thanks 

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/1/2022 at 5:30 PM, lbfluffy said:

It has been 5 years since we have been on Carnival. We decided to take a family vacation with our two adult children. My daughter is a teacher. Her class starts back on Jan 3rd. We researched the best fit for us that would go over Christmas and New Years. The Miracle works perfectly since it would be a back to back. Plus we are from California and do not want to spend extra to fly. Our agent is working on the best deal for us. She gave me a quote for a quad balcony. Pretty good deal. I’m having her check an obstructed balcony as well. I know two cabins would be nice too, but that is $900 more even with putting my kids in an inside. I’m looking forward to our time as a family. Now I need to find dog sitter since my son  are is my dog sitter. I know the Miracle has received poor reviews, but we sailed on her in 2014. Any cruise for us is a treat.

We did Princess over New Year’s Eve last year and loved it. Does Carnival blow the foghorn as well at midnight?

Thanks 

What's a "quad balcony"?

If by Quad Balcony you mean a standard balcony room that sleeps up to 4, you may want to check some photos / videos of the room and layout. I would only consider 4 to a standard balcony if 2 are children under 10. You may be a close family and it may be perfect for you, but for 4 adults, 2 rooms are usually much more comfortable, even if you have to get 2 inside cabins to make the budget work. The extra bathroom is as much of a factor as the sleeping arrangements for many.

22 minutes ago, JT1962 said:

he extra bathroom is as much of a factor as the sleeping arrangements for many.

Totally agree, recently on the Radiance, it was slightly less expensive to get 2 connecting interior rooms than it would have been putting 3 of us in balcony room ( and having 2 bathrooms was the deciding factor for us - 3 adult females).

• Like 1

On 4/1/2022 at 5:30 PM, lbfluffy said:

Thanks 

We sailed on the Miracle last NYE and I can confirm they blew the foghorn (I checked my video). 

I called my TA. She could not check a price for the second leg because carnival said they are not booking any inside or ocean views because they are almost fully sold out. I can check back when final payment is due and they will more than likely open up. However the price will more than likely be a lot more. 

• 3 months later...
On 4/28/2022 at 8:20 PM, lbfluffy said:

I called my TA. She could not check a price for the second leg because carnival said they are not booking any inside or ocean views because they are almost fully sold out. I can check back when final payment is due and they will more than likely open up. However the price will more than likely be a lot more. 

I just looked and I can book interior and ocean view rooms for the BAJA MEXICOCARNIVAL MIRACLE   Not sure why she can't.

THU DEC 29, 2022 - MON JAN 02, 202

Edited by drpeperlvr
correction
  • Like 1