55+ Discount Question

CruiserTK

The discount is based on time of sailing. However, senior discounts are not offered on all sailings. Another thing to look for are resident specials. A good travel agent should look for all available discounts for you. If they are offered after you book, RCL will still honor them.

Have a fun cruise!!!

I am a good one to keep checking with RCL regarding price change on booked sailings. You have to call RCL and ask if there are any senior discounts or residency discounts. If they are available, you will get credit. In the past, in fact my cruise last April, I received $180 pp back! It was credited back to my charge card within the week. Just recently, I got a 55+ discount of about $100 on my 5/15/06 sailing. It doesn't hurt to call about once a week, and the folks at RCL are very accommodating!

Another way to check is to use Expedia. I check their site to see what is happening with the prices on our upcoming cruise. So far we have gotten 3 senior discounts! (After a CHEAP upgrade from an inside to an Oceanview!) Almost all of these happened after final payment.

Keep checking!

We received our first senior discount last month. I actually lucked into it as I had called, Rccl directly, about a price drop in our cruise and the agent checked the price. She was the one that told me about the senior discount. We were cruising with other friends that didn't get the discount as their cabin was not one of the ones that were included.

We got the discount about 10 days before we sailed, they credited our credit card.

Archived