Jewel first re-start sailing 2022.3.29 12d Panama Canal cruise going great; cancelled Nicaragua port

Middleager

15 hours ago, YVRteacher said:

You should have seen the look on the waiter’s face when I asked for a half order of tiramisu!

Could never imagine ordering a half portion of dessert. Thanks everyone for the great information, really looking forward to this same cruise Dec 12th.

6 hours ago, lawnbowler48 said:

Could never imagine ordering a half portion of dessert. Thanks everyone for the great information, really looking forward to this same cruise Dec 12th.

If you get to eat lunch at Cagney, they have a chocolate brownie.  It is big, and very rich.  I didn't know it'll be such a struggle to finish it because I didn't want to have any go to waste.

Another night at Cagney, after the steak dinner (and you know steaks in Cagney are good and filling), I told the waiter the 7-layer cheese sounds so good but I (pointing to my big belly) have no room for it.  He said he can pack it up for me.  I gladly accepted, and really enjoyed it next afternoon (after walking up and down the stairs to make sure I get my 10,000 steps for the day).

On 4/15/2022 at 6:40 PM, Middleager said:

We didn't try the Asian restaurant Chin Chin as it was only open at night.  In previous cruises were also open for lunches (same menu), we found the food too salty.  Don't know what it is now.

We ate at Chin Chin twice.  Really enjoyed the potstickers and spring rolls.  The main courses were hit and miss for us. I enjoyed mine the first night but dad didn't like his too much and the opposite happened on the second.  We enjoyed our deserts there as well.  We didn't notice anything that we had being too salty.

On 4/3/2022 at 10:47 AM, lawnbowler48 said:

A question for you on flight. I see you are from Toronto, we are from the Lake Huron area and have decided to fly out of Detroit. Did you use the air promo from NCL and if so how were your flight times. I had looked at booking our own flights but couldn`t find anything reasonable.

Let me know about your experience - Thanks

We are also on Lake Huron and have booked a 9 day Panama Canal and ABC Islands sailing in January.  Would love to hear about your flights when they are assigned if you remember, we also went with the BOGO NCL air from Detroit flying in one day early but may change that to two.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...