MSC Virtuosa - Dubai Arabian Adventure - Full Review

Solent Richard

My wife and I recently returned from a cruise onboard MSC Virtuosa that departed from Dubai and included visits to Abu Dhabi and Doha.

I have added a full and comprehensive review of our experiences onboard and on the itinerary to my regular cruise blog.

The full review can be found here...

https://solentrichardscruiseblog.com/2022/04/02/msc-virtuosa-an-arabian-adventure/

I'd be delighted to answer any questions members may have.

883147025_Galleria2.thumb.jpg.6452c17e3c2993a58be59f8669be5dc2.jpg

956632983_FeaturedImage2.thumb.jpg.e229cd7d859caeb3e5b55fa546f711f9.jpg

457832090_DecksandPools1aMainPoolNightShot.jpg.c924589b58e81faeaf62f9859a5511de.jpg

1861002038_GrandeTheatre5ShowCapriccio.jpg.8a134f2fb077b15e267b3b857cc81aaf.jpg

Sir Bani Yas 12 Virtuosa from Cabana.jpg

Edited by Solent Richard

What a nice review of the cruise we took in January! Hope you did not miss the La Traviata show as it is only played one time.

And if someone thinks MSC has gone crazy because of the Charcoal Pizza, this is for the Asian guests. Here since a few years everythings Charcoal now, Pizza, Burger, Cake, Toast...

Even toothpaste :D 

• Like 1

On 4/3/2022 at 9:18 AM, perakcruiser said:

What a nice review of the cruise we took in January! Hope you did not miss the La Traviata show as it is only played one time.

And if someone thinks MSC has gone crazy because of the Charcoal Pizza, this is for the Asian guests. Here since a few years everythings Charcoal now, Pizza, Burger, Cake, Toast...

Even toothpaste 😄

For those who haven't seen the blog, the Charcoal Pizza...

1791887901_MarketPlaceBuffet9Pizza.jpg.166732fc40a77b8fcdf8fbbfc03c2a09.jpg

Very nice review of a very nice UAE travel. Wonderful to see the inside of the UAE state government palace that back in 2018 I had no opportunity to see!... The UAE is a wonderful region to visit. Maybe, I'll need a 2nd term there one day!...

Meanwhile; surely, we will need to accept some restrictions for the times being, maybe, a few of them permanently like what we experienced after the 9/11... But, again: Better that than nothing!...

Have a nice day and nice sailings!...

Oh: And if it isn't too much to ask: For this sailing, did they use the old Port Rashid Dubai cruise terminal or the new one near the Dubai Marina?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

Very nice review of a very nice UAE travel. Wonderful to see the inside of the UAE state government palace that back in 2018 I had no opportunity to see!... The UAE is a wonderful region to visit. Maybe, I'll need a 2nd term there one day!...

Meanwhile; surely, we will need to accept some restrictions for the times being, maybe, a few of them permanently like what we experienced after the 9/11... But, again: Better that than nothing!...

Have a nice day and nice sailings!...

Oh: And if it isn't too much to ask: For this sailing, did they use the old Port Rashid Dubai cruise terminal or the new one near the Dubai Marina?

Good morning.

Thank you for your kind comments.

In answer to your question MSC were using the Port Rashid Cruise Terminal....

2048162130_Dubai1CruiseTerminalapproach.jpg.a1cc7a218957ee7f60fa7c701df643e0.jpg

...which also affords a good view of another iconic ship we have sailed on many years ago...

699512252_Dubai1QE2.thumb.jpg.ee9dbb423e838c058b06aa7099abea35.jpg

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

To add something new, Port Rashid is now since a few weeks reachable from Deira thanks to the new Infinity bridge, which is also for pedestrians. Actually we walked from our hotel in Deira to the Virtuosa and back, so convinient is this now (the bridge has elevators to go up and down). 

56 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

To add something new, Port Rashid is now since a few weeks reachable from Deira thanks to the new Infinity bridge, which is also for pedestrians. Actually we walked from our hotel in Deira to the Virtuosa and back, so convinient is this now (the bridge has elevators to go up and down). 

Wonderful news that will strongly to facilitate to do it yourself adventures in Dubai once a cruise is docked at Port Rashid. When I went there the local guides told us that once the new terminal by the Marina has been built, Rashid Terminal would to be dismantled and transformed for cargo purposes. It seems now clear that they have changed their minds on that. Good news is that now Port Rashid may be at a good 500 meters from the Deira Mall and thus the Metro station. They'll have surely a shuttle bus from Rashid to the metro station, free, affordable, or part of the Dubai Metro daily ticket for us to use and Port Rashid wont to be such a relatively isolated site on Dubai anymore!... Thanks and have a nice day!...

2 hours ago, Nunagoras said:

They'll have surely a shuttle bus from Rashid to the metro station, free, affordable, or part of the Dubai Metro daily ticket for us to use and Port Rashid wont to be such a relatively isolated site on Dubai anymore!

I am not sure of a future shuttle bus to the Metro. The infinity bridge is very long, hence the name. While pedestrians can just take the elevator up from the port entrance, driving is much much more complicated. Same on the other side, you can go down with elevator very early, but driving is a completely different thing. 

If one day Deira Islands and Deira Mall is completed, yes, this is ideal for a shuttle bus. But I guess that will take many years more. 

Edited by perakcruiser
  • Thanks 1