Music Schedule on the Rotterdam

bandp407

Hello fellow cruisers,

We have sailed on the NA & NS and always enjoyed BB King. We are not particularly fans of some of the other offerings on the Music Walk. Considering the Rotterdam for next March & wonder if HAL has added any pre dinner music like they had several years ago in the Ocean Bar? We enjoy dancing & would like to know what our options are other than BB king. If anyone has any of the dailies, particularly with the music schedule, and can post it would be greatly appreciated.

in advance many thanks!

We were on the Rotterdam in December 2021. In addition to B.B. King (dancing allowed) there were Lincoln Center (Classical, no dancing that I remember), Rolling Stone Rock Club (upbeat, new and old, rock and roll; dancing allowed) and Billboard Onboard Ising along dueling pianos with some dancing, I think). Your Navigator App and your paper daily listing will have the times.

5 hours ago, bandp407 said:

Hello fellow cruisers,

We have sailed on the NA & NS and always enjoyed BB King. We are not particularly fans of some of the other offerings on the Music Walk. Considering the Rotterdam for next March & wonder if HAL has added any pre dinner music like they had several years ago in the Ocean Bar? We enjoy dancing & would like to know what our options are other than BB king. If anyone has any of the dailies, particularly with the music schedule, and can post it would be greatly appreciated.

in advance many thanks!

The problem is that BB king and Rolling stone have bands that overlap each other, the BB King band can play R&R, R & B, and the Rolling stone band can play R&B, Blues and R&R. The one that's missing is the Ocean bar type band that can play all the dance classics.

1 hour ago, Sir PMP said:

The problem is that BB king and Rolling stone have bands that overlap each other, the BB King band can play R&R, R & B, and the Rolling stone band can play R&B, Blues and R&R. The one that's missing is the Ocean bar type band that can play all the dance classics.

Thank you- pretty much what I thought. Was really hoping to hear that they brought back the Ocean Bar band with the dance classics. We really enjoyed having that, especially pre-dinner. Sounds like now there is no pre dinner dance music?? 

13 minutes ago, Nodakboiler said:

The Koningsdam Hawaii cruise in January and the Rotterdam inaugural transatlantic cruise last October both had a small band in the Ocean Bar playing before dinner for 60-90 minutes. they were very good.

Thanks much - now this is encouraging. Hopefully they will continue with the band before dinner ! 

8 hours ago, bandp407 said:

Hello fellow cruisers,

in advance many thanks!

We just got off Rotterdam this morning (and have been on her 2 other separate weeks starting in Feb) and can tell you there is no dance band.  But, these were all 7 day cruises and not sure what yours is.  In this Ocean Bar, there really is no place for a band to be.  One end of it (a wall divides it in half) has a raised dias with a piano on it that we never saw anyone at. 

Linda R.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruzingnut said:

We just got off Rotterdam this morning (and have been on her 2 other separate weeks starting in Feb) and can tell you there is no dance band.  But, these were all 7 day cruises and not sure what yours is.  In this Ocean Bar, there really is no place for a band to be.  One end of it (a wall divides it in half) has a raised dias with a piano on it that we never saw anyone at. 

Linda R.

Linda, Thank you very much for clarifying. The cruise we are considering is 7 nights. It’s unfortunate about there not being a dance band. In every other way i am sure we would enjoy the Rotterdam. Hope you had another great cruise! Funny , DH & I were on the Celebrity Reflection last week & the Rotterdam was anchored next to us in Grand Cayman! 

I was on the Nieuw Amsterdam three weeks ago and saw no band in the Ocean Bar.
I stepped on a HAL ship for the first time 20 years ago. 

They had a live piano player at dinner every evening.

They had a band in the Ocean Bar Every night.

They had a yum yum man ringing the dinner chimes every night.

The yum yum man would pass out mints and ginger every night after dinner. 
 We had dessert extravaganzas every cruise.

All of these things have gone by the wayside, but these were the very things that hooked me into 

the cruising experience

• Like 2