Just returned from MSC Meraviglia cruise 3/31-4/3

ineed-a-vacation

I'm not one for long drawn out reviews and I don't have any pictures to share but I wanted share my thoughts on this ship and cruise line for anyone that is considering booking it in the future.  This was my 8th overall cruise and 5th different cruise line that I have been on, so I am definitely not an expert, but I know what I expect from a cruise.  I have not been on a cruise since 2017 and from reading so many reviews on here, we really lowered our expectations of what to expect from MSC and they by far exceeded our expectations.  Many reviews on here say how bad the food is and the serving sizes are small and there aren't many options.  I will say it is not the best food that I have ever eaten, but I did not lose any weight on this cruise.  From the welcome aboard buffet to meals in the MDR, the food was much better than we were anticipating.  The only bad meal we had was on Ocean Cay.  That food seemed very overcooked and it was as if they went with the easiest options possible to have.  I'm sure if we had decided to go back on board and have lunch it would have been much better, but we were enjoying our day on the beach too much to do that.  We had also read how the staff are not very friendly.  We did not experience any of that.  Our room stewards were very attentive, the bartenders got to know our names and even knew the drinks that we liked to order.  The staff in the MDR got to know us as well and would have the things the kids liked already ready for them before they even asked.  I'm sure the remainder of cruises that I have booked for this year will far overshadow our experience on MSC, but I would definitely book them again.  My only real complaints would have to come from the experience before boarding.  Their website and customer service greatly needs to be improved.

• Like 3

Thanks for the review. Your experience was similar to mine in January. First MSC cruise, low expectations, pleasantly surprised at the experience. I found the food to have good quality and selection in both the dining room and buffet. I even enjoyed the food on Ocean Cay for the 2 days we were there  - jerk chicken, ribs, beans & rice, cheeseburger, fries, dessert, etc

• Like 2

On 4/4/2022 at 11:14 AM, Selion said:

Thank you for the review.  Just wondering, which "Experience" was your booking in?  Bella, Fantastica, Aurea, or YC?

Otherwise known as Steerage, Third Class, Second Class and First Class.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...