Tours in San Juan

Denali2003

Hello!  My husband & I will be stopping in San Juan during our May 2022 cruise.  We have been to San Juan 3 times.  We are looking for something different to do. The last time we were there, we did a 90 minute drive with a very nice driver (along with other people who were already on the van)  It was a nice drive.  We do not want to go to the forts (been there done that).  However, the local drivers that are at the port seem to all go to the same places (including the forts).  Is there a private tour we can do that goes somewhere "off the beaten path"?  We are looking for a tour that's maybe 3-4 hours long.  Thank you for your help!  🙂

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/4/2022 at 5:57 PM, Denali2003 said:

Hello!  My husband & I will be stopping in San Juan during our May 2022 cruise.  We have been to San Juan 3 times.  We are looking for something different to do. The last time we were there, we did a 90 minute drive with a very nice driver (along with other people who were already on the van)  It was a nice drive.  We do not want to go to the forts (been there done that).  However, the local drivers that are at the port seem to all go to the same places (including the forts).  Is there a private tour we can do that goes somewhere "off the beaten path"?  We are looking for a tour that's maybe 3-4 hours long.  Thank you for your help!  🙂

We are on the same voyage as you and I am so surprised that there are so few excursions listed by Princess .  I will keep looking too.  Let me know if you find something interesting.

• 5 months later...
4 hours ago, exercisemama said:

Just curious how hard this hike is??

It would say middle of the road.  It's not an easy walk.  I would not recommend for young children or any kind of mobility issues.  It was a little much for my MIL who had just turned 75.  I'm not super athletic and I was able to handle.  You are walking through the woods so will encounter different levels of terrain.  You do climb on rocks so definitely have sturdy shoes. 

On 10/14/2022 at 10:12 PM, Wrunkles said:

It would say middle of the road.  It's not an easy walk.  I would not recommend for young children or any kind of mobility issues.  It was a little much for my MIL who had just turned 75.  I'm not super athletic and I was able to handle.  You are walking through the woods so will encounter different levels of terrain.  You do climb on rocks so definitely have sturdy shoes. 

Is this the hike to the natural slide and cliff where people jump from? Were their people that didn’t jump or slide in the group?!

There wasn't a slide that I remember.  We walked up to the base of the waterfall and hung around there.  Some people climbed a little bit higher and jumped off  You can get an idea from the pictures.  The one is the entire waterfall and the other is the base where we were hanging out.  

waterfall bottom.jpg

waterfall.jpg