Future Cruise Credit became Refund!

TACoor

We were scheduled to cruise this past January. When Omicron was raging, we decided to cancel for FCC. Two days later, NCL cancelled our cruise. Too bad for us. But I went ahead and applied for a refund - nothing to lose. There was a letter a few weeks ago that my request was being considered but I wasn't too optimistic. Just checked my credit card statement for March today and amazingly, our full fare had been credited back to the card. Nice surprise. With our cash not tied up with NCL, we may consider a different line and won't be constrained by the "use FCC by" deadline.

Be careful about spending the refund.  We were given a  refund in march 2020 and ncl reversed it in spetember 2020.  They found their error.  Since your entitled to fcc, the refund is an error and they may realize it.

That’s great. I had a similar thing happen on MSC.

Postponed our Jan 2022 sailing to Nov 2022 because  of omicron. 
MSC changed the itinerary/date on the Nov cruise and offered us a full refund if the new date and itinerary didn’t work for us. 

We jumped at the chance because we are “book last minute” people and I hated having thousands of dollars tied up with them. 
So we then took that money and booked a cruise on NCL for next week. (I mean it was already cruise ear marked 😬)

• Like 1