LIVE - A Symphony Cruise April 23, 2022

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

YouthD was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

This'll be our third cruise since it restarted! First one was on the Celebrity Edge in Sept, followed by the Disney Fantasy in Jan.

We will be going on the Symphony on the April 23rd Western Caribbean and Perfect Day cruise. At CocoCay we will be having a Beach Cabana at Coco Beach Club, very excited about the views and food! First time there. My wife and I also have passes to the thermal suite all cruise, so hopefully it's not too crowded.

Day 1 - Depart Miami

Day 2 - At Sea

Day 3 - Puerto Costa Maya, Mexico (Possibly Mexican Salsa Experience and Beach Break)

Day 4 - Roaton, Honduras (BOSS Underwater Adventure)

Day 5 - Cozumel, Mexico (Legacy of the Maya: Ruins and Chocolate Tasting)

Day 6 - At Sea

Day 7 - Perfect Day at CocoCay (Beach Cabana at Coco Beach Club)

Day 8 - Worst day ever, Disembarkation

My wife and I are VERY excited for this cruise. We're going with her parents, aunt, cousin, sister, brother-in-law, and two friends. All in all, there will be 10 of us, all with the UDP, my wife and I are planning mostly everything, so it'll be fun trying to make those reservations the first day... We all either have the UDP or Refreshments Package. This is our second cruise on RCL and most of the parties first cruise ever. All of us will be in Balcony rooms, tried for a Royal Up Bid to a 2 bedroom Aquatheatre Suite or Star Loft, we did not get either. 😞

Probably have the entire cruise ship memorized from watching hours and hours of Youtube videos. Let me know if you guys have any recommendations. Will update this as we get closer to the date!

Edited by YouthD

• YouthD changed the title to LIVE - A Symphony Cruise April 23, 2022
29 minutes ago, gsalbato said:

We'll be on in June as well. Hoping the shows will all be up and running by then.

Yah... We're super bummed we're probably going to just miss it, we love Broadway shows. 

My daughter and I just got back from from this exact itinerary and ship. We had a great time. We saw 3 shows, 1977, Flight, and HIRO. They were very good. We ate in the free restaurants and the food was just okay. Weather was partly to mostly cloudy with a good amount of wind, tough to snorkel. Snorkeling in Rotan was good, lots of fish. Got off the ship to the airline cancellation debacle, glad we were only stranded 1 day. Enjoy your trip!!

On 4/6/2022 at 1:20 PM, Colorado Buffalo said:

Following -  We will be on her May 28th Eastern Caribbean schedule

Hi we will be on the Symphony on May 28th also.  If you get access to a Compass or show schedule for this Eastern trip let me know.  I will do the same for you.  We live in Miami if you have any questions.

Following - we'll be on the sailing right after you, with the Eastern itinerary.  Looking forward to your review.  Question:  when did you receive the Royal Up acceptance?  We haven't heard anything yet for our April 30th sailing.

On 4/7/2022 at 8:33 AM, marcoul said:

My daughter and I just got back from from this exact itinerary and ship. We had a great time. We saw 3 shows, 1977, Flight, and HIRO. They were very good. We ate in the free restaurants and the food was just okay. Weather was partly to mostly cloudy with a good amount of wind, tough to snorkel. Snorkeling in Rotan was good, lots of fish. Got off the ship to the airline cancellation debacle, glad we were only stranded 1 day. Enjoy your trip!!

At one time were these shows on another ship.  I feel like I've seen these before

22 hours ago, GStanMus said:

Hi we will be on the Symphony on May 28th also.  If you get access to a Compass or show schedule for this Eastern trip let me know.  I will do the same for you.  We live in Miami if you have any questions.

I wasn't aware that a schedule would get released until the day of. Am I wrong?

8 hours ago, Colorado Buffalo said:

I wasn't aware that a schedule would get released until the day of. Am I wrong?

The one-pager that lists all shows may come out the day before the sailing - someone doing a B2B on the previous sailing may post it.

1 hour ago, sunrise314 said:

We are cruising on June 18 Symphony, question how soon did you get your notice that your Royal UP bid was accepted?

Winning a bid can be anytime from bidding to boarding - but likely less than two weeks out.