Anyone been on Belize Elvis Reef-Goff's Caye Reef Snorkling with Belize Cruise Excur?

RammerJammerBama

Nine of us will be on a Carnival Miracle cruise that ports in Belize on March 23. I am looking at an Elvis Reef & Goff's Caye Reef Snorkling excursion with Island Marketing-Belize Cruise Excursions (http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/BeachSnorkelingBelize.htm). If anyone has been on this non-ship excursion, please let me know your experience.

Roll Tide!

Nine of us will be on a Carnival Miracle cruise that ports in Belize on March 23. I am looking at an Elvis Reef & Goff's Caye Reef Snorkling excursion with Island Marketing-Belize Cruise Excursions (http://belizecruiseexcursions.com/BeachSnorkelingBelize.htm). If anyone has been on this non-ship excursion, please let me know your experience.

Roll Tide!

I'm looking for someone who has done this as well, I sent them an email but have not heard back yet. This looks promising but I need more info, especially regarding boat used, last time in Belize we got stuck in the bow under the fiberglass deck in 90 degree heat and no air for over an hour on our way to shark ray alley!

If I get any info I will pass it along, I also have a thread Snorkel Belize.

I just got the following email from this tour operator .....

Good afternoon,

Sorry for not responding, the forms on that page are not functioning as we no longer offer this tour. We had many complaints about the long rough ride out to Goffs Caye, it was a 45 minute ride which seem much longer on rough days and Belize is rough quite often. Goff's Caye was beening over crowded and the tour was not living up to the quality of tour we promote. We recommend saving snorkeling tours for Grand Cayman and Cozumel as it much better then Belize and so much closer. The best snorkeling in Belize is really only accessible from Ambergris Caye(1-1/2hrs from Belize City) and even from there it's a good 30 minutes by boat, so its not a tour we can offer to cruise ship passengers.

Belize is a jungle adventure port, the best tours in Belize are the Cave

tubing tours, Zipline canopy and Mayan Ruins. Every port has there

specialties and these are the best of Belize.

Roll Tide!

We just got back yesterday from the Valor -- 17 of us. 12 went to Goff's Caye. They enjoyed the snorkeling but that was our third excursion and it the group had already snorkeled in Grand Cayman and some in Roatan. The rest of us went into town and found a Belizian guide who gave us a ton of information. He said that you can do the Goff's Caye Tour for about half the price by getting off at the port and asking around. The guy we worked with was named Martin - he gave us a horse and buggy tour and he is usually right outside the main gated shopping area. Take a right and head toward Goodmark Jeweler. if you ask for Martin ( careful because they will all tell you they are Martin they want your business) ask him what the password is (It's Marion his horse's name) you'll know you have the right guide. Even if you don't want the horse and buggy tour (which I highly recommend) Martin will help you out.

fun2crooz, that's an interesting idea, the horse and buggy. Finding Martin with a secret password could be fun!

What are your plans now, CapNcrunch? Still going to do snorkeling in Belize?

I don't know what to do now, maybe just do a ship excursion on a party boat and get pissed. At least we could snorkel a little bit *S*

fun2crooz, that's an interesting idea, the horse and buggy. Finding Martin with a secret password could be fun!

I don't know what to do now, maybe just do a ship excursion on a party boat and get pissed. At least we could snorkel a little bit *S*

I probably going with the ship tour, its reasonable and not an all day thing. There have been some decent reports about it so we'll see what happens.

Also, they pick you up direcetly from the ship, which eliminates the tender to the dock. But then I guess they take you back to the ship, so there's no time to poke around in the city.

I'd still like to know which caye is the best for snorkeling. I've read that Caye Caulker has lots of sea grass and isn't great for snorkeling from shore. Goff's Caye sounded like it had good snorkeling, especially from shore which we could do on our own (which I like) and Ambergris Caye is too far to do in limited time.

I also read that Belize has some of the best snorkeling in the world, so why would he say that GC and Cozumel are better and to do a land excursion? Maybe to keep our business, since they don't offer any snorkeling at all now.

Let me know what you decide, Cappy!

We were on the Miracle last April and because it was a rainy day we decided at the last minute to do the Goff's cay through the ship. It was fantastic. A small island with six palm trees, kayaks, rum punch, and good snorkeling. The ride from the Miracle was also enjoyable, and they brought us right back to the ship. We did the afternoon trip, so tendered into the town for the morning.

We did the Goff's Caye snorkel through Carnival when we sailed the Glory and really enjoyed it!

The excursion boat comes right to the ship so there is no need to tender. The ride to the Caye was about half and hour I think. The excursion boat was not a pleasure rude but the guides kept us busy handing out equipment and information and such.

We had a really good snorkel and saw some lovely areas of the reef. We also had time to relax on Goff's Caye for a while.

We opted for the morning excursion which met at 8:15AM. I don't usually book early morning excursions :eek: but I really wanted to tender over to shore as well I thought I would be to nervous about timing to tender over for a bit on the morning. We were back on the ship at around 12:30, had a bite to eat and then tendered over to spend a couple of hours poking around and enjoying ourselves.

• 1 month later...

Chupa we did the ships tour ....

http://www.belize-paradise.com/snorkel.htm

Boat was very clean, however it does take up to 200 passengers :mad: . This can be frustrating when you have limited entry/exit to the water and are on with a group of individuals who have no idea as to what they are doing. You know the kind that don't realize you put your fins on in the water because you can't walk across the deck and down the stairs with them on :mad: !

Snorkeling was good, the day we were there the sea was quite rough and the current was rather strong. Only in water for an hour, saw a couple of eagle rays :D ! Beach break was a waste, beautiful location however it rained, was very windy, and there was some sort of private party for locals being held.

Archived