QV Southampton to Baltics - large price reductions

longton

We are booked on the voyage from Southampton to the Baltics in mid June. 14 nights.

We booked a Britannia balcony suite and paid our balance 2 weeks ago, 91 days prior to departure.

For the 2 of us we paid £6,800. It was a saver fare and booked last year.

The same grade suite is now for sale at £2,700 for 2. A difference of £4,100.

We are very disappointed but as others have pointed out on a another thread, Cunard operates a fluid pricing policy.

We can cancel our original booking and receive a 50% refund and then rebook at the lower fare, which would save us £700.

The sales agent at Cunard was surprised at such a large discount. The Cunard fares don't appear to have changed. The sailing to the Med prior to ours also offers some very large discounts in Britannia suites.

In times of Covid and war we will now only book much nearer the time of sailing.

I would be cautious about your cruise.  Perhaps Cunard will cancel and you will receive a voucher--or even better, a refund...  My brother was booked on a Baltic cruise for this summer on a different line and the cruise was cancelled.  NCL, Princess and MSC have cancelled the majority of their Baltic cruises.  Viking has significantly changed its itinerary. I believe these decisions are mainly due to Russia's attack on Ukraine, and its threats to other Baltic countries.  So sorry, you could not pay me to travel to the Baltic this Summer...

• Like 2