Independent cruise excursion in Europe 2022 summer

whliu2001

I have a couple of cruises booked on RCL in June/July 2022.  I am wondering if anyone has recently done any independent land excursion which is not offered by cruise lines. I mean tours not offered by cruise lines but organized by travelers themselves. Is there any COVID related restriction prohibiting independent tours?  The port of calls are Portofino, Palermo, Visby, Riga, Warnemunde, and Aarhus

1 hour ago, whliu2001 said:

I mean tours not offered by cruise lines but organized by travelers themselves. Is there any COVID related restriction prohibiting independent tours?  The port of calls are Portofino, Palermo, Visby, Riga, Warnemunde, and Aarhus

In the Italy ports of call this sticky is at the top. I don't know why the discussion re rules for restrictions was merged into here but it is actually very informative for Italy ports.

https://boards.cruisecritic.com.au/topic/2839572-covid-testing-q-a-locations-requirements-etc/

The initial post gives a good timeline for easing of restrictions. From post 27 on Page 2 you will see there is discussion how various cruise lines are letting people know they can now book private excursions. Hopefully that won't change as I have booked a few for my cruise in July.

Sorry, I can't help you with the northern Europe ports.