Mixed VIFP Group Boarding

cruisegirl2005

In just a few short weeks, I’ll be boarding Panorama with my 8yo niece, and her parents. My niece is booked in my room, which I think gives her the same platinum perks as I have. It’s her and her parents first time on Carnival. How do we board? I realize the priority boarding is paused currently, but I’m mostly interested in staying together as a group anyways. Our booking numbers are linked. Does that mean when I start filling out my boarding information and get a time, my niece’s parents will get the same time? 

Thanks for any help! 

You will be able to sign up for check in time 16 days in advance, being platinum. Since your niece is rooming with you, she's included.  The parents will be able to sign up for check in time 14 days in advance, since they aren't platinum, diamond, or suite.  They will not be able to share your check in time, unless they are able to choose it.  Being linked doesn't matter for that.  If you aren't in a big hurry to be in an early group, just sign up when they do, choosing the same time slot.  The early slots go rather quickly, especially if many priority folks are on your cruise and able to access check in times 16 days out.

• Like 1

I boarded on the Panorama March 26th, made Platinium that cruise too, super excited …yippie !!!

However, even though my time said 10:3-11:00am (chose early), it was easily past 11:30am when I walked through those doors and up those ramps to the ship.  

NOTE:  Priority” boards before A01, A02 etc etc… I was A01 and didn’t know that bit of info, until a couple ah-hum “nicely”told me. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

So, I foolishly blocked those “Priority” cruisers from standing with the mass of people …  all of whom were impatiently waiting for those magic doors to openz!

Future cruising —- I will be still sitting in my seat (in the waiting area) till my number is announced on all future cruises. Let the people jostling begin with me watching on the sidelines. 🤣

BTW, When we cruised on the Panorama in the Fall of 2021, we also were late getting off the ship. Again, over an hour wait to be called to debark. We always do the self-debark too.  

And that is my experience with 2 recent Panorama cruises. Oh, on the March 26th cruise, the the luggage arrived about 2:30.  I had a Corner Aft Wrap Havana Balcony, Deck 7, if that matters.  

All this won’t matter one little bit once you are onboard ❣️
😁😁😁

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Edited by Markmom18

1 hour ago, pcvtmom said:

You will be able to sign up for check in time 16 days in advance, being platinum. Since your niece is rooming with you, she's included.  The parents will be able to sign up for check in time 14 days in advance, since they aren't platinum, diamond, or suite.  They will not be able to share your check in time, unless they are able to choose it.  Being linked doesn't matter for that.  If you aren't in a big hurry to be in an early group, just sign up when they do, choosing the same time slot.  The early slots go rather quickly, especially if many priority folks are on your cruise and able to access check in times 16 days out.

Thanks for the help! 

31 minutes ago, jetsfan58 said:

My experience has been good in this arena. I had a few family members first time cruisers that were able to board with us. No one said a thing.  

Yay! I want to give them the best impression I can. They were a bit hesitant to book a Carnival cruise, but it was the right time, right place and right price. I think I can convert them 🙂 

38 minutes ago, Markmom18 said:

I boarded on the Panorama March 26th, made Platinium that cruise too, super excited …yippie !!!

However, even though my time said 10:3-11:00am (chose early), it was easily past 11:30am when I walked through those doors and up those ramps to the ship.  

NOTE:  Priority” boards before A01, A02 etc etc… I was A01 and didn’t know that bit of info, until a couple ah-hum “nicely”told me. 🤷🏻‍♀️ 

So, I foolishly blocked those “Priority” cruisers from standing with the mass of people …  all of whom were impatiently waiting for those magic doors to openz!

Future cruising —- I will be still sitting in my seat (in the waiting area) till my number is announced on all future cruises. Let the people jostling begin with me watching on the sidelines. 🤣

BTW, When we cruised on the Panorama in the Fall of 2021, we also were late getting off the ship. Again, over an hour wait to be called to debark. We always do the self-debark too.  

And that is my experience with 2 recent Panorama cruises. Oh, on the March 26th cruise, the the luggage arrived about 2:30.  I had a Corner Aft Wrap Havana Balcony, Deck 7, if that matters.  

All this won’t matter one little bit once you are onboard ❣️
😁😁😁

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

I can’t wait to get onboard! It’s been a long, tough few years for us and I want to show them a great time. Off topic, but since you were aboard so recently, did you happen to check out the piano bar? I’m really hoping for some fun evenings there. 

I really wish we could have gotten a Havana room but we’ll have to wait until the 8 yo turns 12. They really look fantastic! 

1 hour ago, jetsfan58 said:

My experience has been good in this arena. I had a few family members first time cruisers that were able to board with us. No one said a thing.  

While none of the ports I've sailed out of recently seemed to enforce arrival appointments (which contributes to an overcrowded waiting area), they all were checking boarding group number as you attempted to get on the ship.  

4 hours ago, cruisegirl2005 said:

I can’t wait to get onboard! It’s been a long, tough few years for us and I want to show them a great time. Off topic, but since you were aboard so recently, did you happen to check out the piano bar? I’m really hoping for some fun evenings there. 

I really wish we could have gotten a Havana room but we’ll have to wait until the 8 yo turns 12. They really look fantastic! 

Hi,

Sorry, we never did make it to the Piano Bar.  I got the Havana Cabin as an Upsell Call from a Carnival Rep. We paid $500 more for the Havana than our original Deck 7 Balcony.
 Then because I loved our Balcony, I only went to the Havana Pool once. It was pretty deserted, as expected.  

I love the Panorama and am happy it’s here so close to home. Now, if we could get 7 day Pacific Coastal Cruises on her too … 😁😁😁.  I’m pretty burnt out on the 3 Mexican Rivera Ports … 

🛳🛳

Bobbi 

Hi there. 

You didn't mention it here but I would be sure to check the rules regarding having a minor that isn't your child in your cabin. It may be easiest and best to board as a group.

We cruised on the Norwegian Getaway in March and had my daughters in one cabin with hubby and myself and my sons in a cabin with my parents. NCL sent my parents paperwork that I would have needed to fill out in order for the boys to board the ship without us (which included copies of our driver's licences). We choose to meet at the port (they had to wait for us) and then get in the lineup together. When it was our turn, we all checked in together. They are platinum with NCL and all of us were able to use the priority boarding due to my sons being in their cabin (nice perk as the line was very long). 

Hope you have a fantastic cruise and if you're inclined, report back when you're home. We are cruising her in July and very excited for this ship - always happy to read about tips and others' experiences here.