TransAtlantic Post Cruise Covid Testing

debbieo11

Has anyone recently (2022) taken a TransAtlantic cruise on Princess and flown back to the US immediately thereafter?  If so, could you describe where and when the post-cruise covid testing occurred?  I have a tour scheduled at 8am, after docking at 5:30am with disembarkation starting around 6:30am, and am not sure if Princess allows enough time for testing.

On Sky Princess TransAtlantic the testing was done the last day in the dining room.  You were asked about a week into the cruise if you needed testing to get back home.  The final report showed up sometime in the middle of the night but if they didn't find you within 30 minutes you were negative.  The internet on the Sky Princess you wouldn't have been able to do eMed testing it wasn't useable.

I was on sky princess transatlantic and was popped as a close contact.  they put me on dolphin deck in a covid positive quarantine room, even though i tested negative and never had a positive test.  they refused to retest me, though i only had the one negative test about 5 days before disembarkation.   i had an emed test in my luggage and self-tested negative, but that didn't do any good.   my mom and daughter got tested the day before disembarkation in the vista lounge, but they wouldn't re-test me, kept me in quarantine, and gave me disembarkation instructions for covid positive folks.  it was really awful.   i had to get my own test at heathrow, after i learned how to sign up for the test via an app i had to download at the airport,  and there were very few spots available for a covid test.  waited about 4 hours for the test to be administered and 45 minutes afterward for results before i could go through security.   all  while i was separated from my family.  I am super annoyed.  so good luck to you.  you can get a test at heathrow but i would advise finding out who does it and signing up for a spot the day before.  

• Like 2

If I don't fly back until the day after disembarkation, does Princess do early morning Covid testing prior to disembarkation?  If they do it the last day of the cruise, that is outside of the 1 day requirement for flying.  I'm going to take my at-home test with me to try and schedule an e-med appointment for that night at the hotel, but am hoping Princess has something available for next day travelers.