Skipping Formal Night?

BookmomHP

don't blow it off - you'll regret it.

At our table for 8, we were the only ones to show up - ALL 7 nights - yes, there were others scheduled for the table.

I 'ran into' the others at b-fast one day, and was glad they didn't.

However, Heidi, you are telling me you NEVER played dress up as a little girl? "

REALLY?

c'mon, its fun. dress him up in a rental tux and get a nice picture taken . . .

I think you are making a mistake by not dressing on formal night. Just my opinion. It's fun to get dressed for the evening. No I don't mean you need to wear jewels or long gowns with trains, but a simple dress does make the experience seem enchanting. I'm bringing two "formal" dresses with me on my next cruise. The one is soooo confortable it's hard to say it is formal, but it is. (I bet that dress has been on more cruises then most people I know) The other one is a blue velvet I've only worn once before. I can;t even remember why I bought it. (not for a cruise) I only wear flats because of my feet problems, but my feet will be decked out.

But weather you like to dress or not the most important thing is to enjoy your cruise.

I do disagree with one poster about lobster not being served on room service. ON our panama canal cruise I was under the weather so we ordered Room service on lobster night and they sent it. I would try it the worse they can say is no. But they did deliver it to us.

Use that opportunity to go to one of the alternative restaurants like chops or portofino. They will tell you that those restaurants are formal also but really they aren't. Book it as soon as you board because that night they will sell out fast. Try to find out when your formal night(s) will be. Usually they are the sea day evenings - but not always.

Glad to see you are back. I was worried about you.

What are the dress codes onboard?

There are three distinct types of evenings onboard: casual, smart casual and formal. Suggested guidelines for these nights are:

Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women - clean jeans are fine

Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women - nice clean clothes for the little ones

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women - no jeans

So how about sharing some of your expertise on posting web sites on the CC boards? Do you cut and paste, or do you have another method?

What are the dress codes onboard?

There are three distinct types of evenings onboard: casual, smart casual and formal. Suggested guidelines for these nights are:

Casual: Sport shirts and slacks for men, sundresses or pants for women - jeans are fine for these days

Smart Casual: Jackets and ties for men, dresses or pantsuits for women - nice clean clothes for the little ones on these days

Formal: Suits and ties or tuxedos for men, cocktail dresses for women - no jeans on these days

So how about sharing some of your expertise on posting web sites on the CC boards? Do you cut and paste, or do you have another method?

I have to confess this made me laugh. :)

I think over half of Ohunion's posts are that cut and paste. Which is fine. Everyone helps in their own way. I kinda admire the consistency.

AND.............

......lobster night is NOT NECESSARILY formal night. On at least two of my cruises (damn Alzheimer's!), lobster was served on a night that was NOT one of the formal nights.

In other words, by choosing to eat in the Windjammer on formal night, because you don't want to dress up, you are not necessarily missing out on lobster. :)

You talking about that creature they serve on the ships that the CALL a lobster??;)

Archived