What was 2021 Holiday cruise like on the Quest

Mandi211

I have booked this years Holiday cruise and a b2b around the Caribbean.  Just wondering if anyone did last years holiday cruise. Were there more dress ups than the usual country casual and it looks like two sea days on the 24th and 25th.  Are there Christmas Eve celebrations?  So looking forward to this cruise as its on the Onward and Eric DeGray is the cruise director.  Did anyone take last years cruise?

• Like 1

My dad and I have done a Azamara Christmas cruise on several occasions on Quest and Journey.    We did not do the 2021 Christmas cruise but were on it the week before and have done others.  They make is so special - Extra special dinners on Christmas and New year's Eve, special shows, little gifts in your room at night, pretty decorations.  Pre-pandemic there would be gathering with amazing displays of Christmas cookies, on year the ship gathered for a sing-a-long in the living room, another, Santa was in the lobby by guest relations on Christmas morning and had a gift for each child on the ship to unwrap (not many) and there was hot chocolate and cookies going around.   Some guests decorate their doors.  You can dress how you like but I dressed up for Christmas dinner and the New years Eve.  They throw a big party on deck for New Year's Eve.    The usual things happened too (pre-pandemic) chocolate buffet, white night, azamazing evening -  All of that along with all the holiday extras make for a very special cruise.   

• Like 5

We like Christmas and New Years onboard Azamara ships.

We are also considering a holiday cruise this year in South America, but we have noticed the  Pursuit ends the cruise on December 30th disembarking in Rio. This is not convenient. Flights around that time from Rio are stressful and actually it would have been the highlight New Years Eve onboard. So, we are looking for alternatives… 

Ivi

Well Mandi211 - because of this thread, my dad and I have switched from a Celebrity Christmas cruise to the Onward. This itinerary didn't exist when we booked on Celebrity.  We like to have Christmas in the Caribbean  - preferably with Azamara.   Thanks!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, PAtravelbug said:

Well Mandi211 - because of this thread, my dad and I have switched from a Celebrity Christmas cruise to the Onward. This itinerary didn't exist when we booked on Celebrity.  We like to have Christmas in the Caribbean  - preferably with Azamara.   Thanks!

We just booked it also.  Did you get the special deal?

1 hour ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

60% off 2 passenger + $500 OBC

Yea but we booked a month ago and the cruise fare was a lot less.

They just raised the price of the 1st pax. But it's still a good deal overall.

Edited by macmax
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, suttonrunner said:

Thank you.  Wow!  That is a great deal for you.  Alas I am a solo passenger so cannot take advantage of that deal, but  I am so excited for Christmas  on the Onward 

As usual the U.K. offer is different and is currently $500 Shore Excursion Credit and free Wi-Fi.