Tesco Vouchers and Insurance

Bobblehat71

Afternoon All,

My Dad has just broken his neck 😬 (he's a bit sore to say the least but he's ok so no need to worry). Therefore my parents are going to have to cancel a May cruise and claim on their insurance .  They used Tesco vouchers as part payment but not sure where they stand with the claim. 

Does anyone know if the vouchers can be refunded or claimed on the insurance or are they just a lost cause.

Any info much appreciated.

Sorry to hear about your Dad and wish him well in recovery.

Hopefully once your Dads insurance claim is settled he will have evidence that 

the Tesco vouchers have not being used and hopefully by contacting Tesco they 

should refund your Dads vouchers . 

Good luck with it all.:classic_smile:

It appears that Tesco accept no liability for the loss of your vouchers.This is in the T&C for use of Clubcard Vouchers on P&O Cruises.

'It is very important that you check that your holiday insurance covers the loss of the value of your Clubcard Vouchers should you have to cancel. Most policies do not cover such a loss'.

So if your insurance doesn't cover the loss of vouchers after a cancellation - uh oh!

Also for information this also appears in T&Cs.

'ABTA/ATOL does not recognise tokens as cash and therefore the ABTA/ATOL ‘guarantee’ does not extend to the value of your
Tokens should the tour operator go out of business before you travel'.

Edited by Pine Man
More info

Not quite the same, but our cruise was cancelled at the start of Covid and we had used some Tesco vouchers.  We booked another cruise straight away and P&O were supposed to transfer them.  There was a mix up and they refunded them to my Tesco account instead.  I had to contact Tesco and get them to send them to P&O.  Later I noticed that our cruise had gone down significantly and I asked P&O if we could cancel and rebook and still use the vouchers.  This was no problem at all.  Just to say that there doesn't seem to be a problem with chopping and changing and Tesco vouchers.