Lost and found policy

Javalava

You can contact Holland American in Seattle. We left some cash and jewery on the Oosterdam on the Dec 10th cruise. We didn't miss these items until late January. The items were recovered and return to us the first part of Februray. Good Luck

ProMod05

When we got on the Ryndam in November we found a very tiny black jewelry box in the safe - one could hardly see it or feel it.

We turned it into our concierge and she said that she would becontactin the Seattle office to see how they wanted it sent to them. Seattle office said that they would look up the passenger list to see who was on the cruise before us and contact them.

Hopefully by now the people have gotten their box back.

Last year, I thought we had forgotten our camera on the Maasdam. As soon as I discovered it was 'missing', I called HAL Lost and Found and the agent was very professional and reassuring, saying that most items left on the ships are recovered and returned to their owners. Lucky for us, our camera turned up in the car. I made sure to call and report the fact that we found it. When I originally reported it missing, I felt pretty confident that it would be returned to us, if found.:)

After arriving room from a cruise on Hal a couple of years ago, I noticed I was missing a pair of shoes. I contacted HAL, giving my cabin # and the dates of the cruise.

The HAL agent said it would be several weeks before lost material from the cruise was delivered from Florida to Seattle.

About a month later, I received an email from HAL telling me that my shoes had not been located.

While I was disappointed not to recover my shoes, I was impressed that HAL notified me that they did not have them.

Dick

Archived