Spirit Disembarkation Times???

ImAFirsttimer

I am looking to book on Spirit for 5/14 but I am concerned about what time you disembark. It says we arrive in NYC at 10am. Is this really the time you arrive or when they let you off?

I have my nephew's communion on the day we come back at 11:30am and I am wondering if i will be able to make it? The church is on Merrick rd in Massapequa (in case there are any fellow Long Islanders) about 45 min. from NYC and we are thinking of having someone pick us and just go straight to the church. I really don't (and really shouldn't) want miss my nephew's (who is also my godson) communion. Do you think I could make it? This is the only thing holding me back from booking this cruise.

I think you'd be taking a real chance. If the arrival time is indicated as 10 am, that's the arrival time, not the disembarkation time. There's always a chance that the ship could be late getting into port. Furthermore, something else could delay the ship's disembarkation (e.g., people not settling their onboard accounts, a delay in clearing customs, etc.). You do have the option of using Express Disembarkation where you would be the first off the ship, but that's still cutting it close. With Express Disembarkation, you have to be willing and able to carry off all your luggage by yourself.

that you would be taking a chance. I was once delayed in boarding a Royal Caribbean ship because the guests due to get off couldn't do so at the time planned because the ship had not cleared customs or something. Also, friends of ours were also on a ship last year that arrived back into port several hours late (due to something with the weather). It may or may not work out for you. Good luck though!

Just to reitirate what is being said, there is no way to guarantee you'll be off the ship in time. The major factor I see is weather. case in point:

1. The good: The Dawn (which also docks in NY) has been arriving in New York at 8:30 am recently in Favorable conditions (one poster mentioned the captain had said they were getting a 'nice push' from the jet stream)

2. The bad: The Dawn can also get in late due to weather - I was on last year from May 1- May8 2005, and we did not dock until late afternoon (around 4 to 6 pm) instead of the scheduled 10 am

3. The ugly: There is absolutely no way to know if you will be able to attend until that morning.

Archived