Your Lucky Tour- Private 7-in-1 Tour with Owner Eduardo

jacpedigo

Our group of 10 (ages 36-88) had a wonderful day, last month, with the owner of Your Lucky Tour, Eduardo, as we visited the Tortuguero Canals and Cahuita National Park.  Eduardo and our van driver were waiting just outside the port fence, with a sign with my name on it.  Eduardo spoke excellent English and answered our questions well.  Within minutes of getting into the van, we pulled over to view two sloths in trees just off the side of the road.  By the end of the day, we'd seen countless sloths, howler monkeys and even had a close-up experience with capuchin monkeys in the National Park.  Eduardo, and our driver Eddie, made sure that every member of the group saw each animal clearly before we'd move on (not always an easy feat with my elderly grandmother and grandfather in tow!)  Speaking of my 84 and 88 year old grandparents, Eduardo made sure that they were comfortable and well taken care of all day, even emailing me to send his regards to them after the trip!  Within that email, he also included several photos he'd taken of animals and our group throughout the day, providing me with one of my favorite pictures of me from the entire 10 day trip! 

Eduardo was kind, generous (making sure we got a good exchange rate at the gelato stand!) and easy-going with our not-always-so-easy group.   We had a great time and recommend using Eduardo and Your Lucky Tour in Limon!

Below are two photos that Eduardo emailed me after the tour.

Monkey.jpg

Costa Rica.jpg

Edited by jacpedigo
Include pictures

• 5 months later...

Looking into booking a tour with Your Lucky Tour, Eduardo Humphreys, the owner of the company, had been very quick in responding to all my emails, and he even called us one time to talk with us about the 7-in-1 tour. We were interested in a private tour.
We are a group of 12, so we book with this company.  We will be on the Divina, stopping in Limon on Sunday, December 4.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

My 80 year old parents and I were on The Divina we docked in Puerto Limon just as expected, Eduardo was waiting outside the terminal. We'd booked the Tortuguero Canal tour which also included a stop at a local fruit stand, a drive around the area, and lunch at The Red Snapper, overlooking the city and harbor. Eduardo and his driver, Alexander (The Great!) were relaxed, super nice to my folks and made sure we were all safe given the uncertain circumstances (plenty of hand sanitizer in the minivan.) We had a private boat ride on the canal with a guide who brought us within feet of monkeys, a baby 3-toed sloth, iguanas, egrets and other wildlife. The canals were very beautiful and peaceful. The fruit stand was interesting, with many fruits I'd never seen before. Eduardo informed us about the area and life in Costa Rica as we drove - beautiful country, I'd like to spend more time there. Back in town we had lunch overlooking the harbor at The Red Snapper, a delicious traditional meal of chicken, rice and beans, fried plantains and really refreshing "fruit water" which were ice, water and fresh fruit blended into a slushie - the watermelon and pineapple were terrific! We stopped at the local grocery to buy coffee, which was about 5 bucks for a pound and a half bag. Eduardo recommended using a credit card so we wouldn't get change back in local currency. We were dropped off exactly on time, right in front of the terminal. This tour was exactly perfect for my still mobile but easily tired parents - Eduardo and Alexander were so kind and considerate, and took great care with "Grandpa and Grandma" It was a delightful tour, one we'll remember for a long time. Eduardo is very responsive to email and you'll have a great time with him. I highly recommend Your Lucky Tour to anyone on a cruise - much more enjoyable and cheaper than a ship excursion! I'll definitely see Eduardo again the next time we're in Puerto Limon.

On 12/12/2022 at 10:19 PM, tiffanysalazar24 said:

My 80 year old parents and I were on The Divina we docked in Puerto Limon just as expected, Eduardo was waiting outside the terminal. We'd booked the Tortuguero Canal tour which also included a stop at a local fruit stand, a drive around the area, and lunch at The Red Snapper, overlooking the city and harbor. Eduardo and his driver, Alexander (The Great!) were relaxed, super nice to my folks and made sure we were all safe given the uncertain circumstances (plenty of hand sanitizer in the minivan.) We had a private boat ride on the canal with a guide who brought us within feet of monkeys, a baby 3-toed sloth, iguanas, egrets and other wildlife. The canals were very beautiful and peaceful. The fruit stand was interesting, with many fruits I'd never seen before. Eduardo informed us about the area and life in Costa Rica as we drove - beautiful country, I'd like to spend more time there. Back in town we had lunch overlooking the harbor at The Red Snapper, a delicious traditional meal of chicken, rice and beans, fried plantains and really refreshing "fruit water" which were ice, water and fresh fruit blended into a slushie - the watermelon and pineapple were terrific! We stopped at the local grocery to buy coffee, which was about 5 bucks for a pound and a half bag. Eduardo recommended using a credit card so we wouldn't get change back in local currency. We were dropped off exactly on time, right in front of the terminal. This tour was exactly perfect for my still mobile but easily tired parents - Eduardo and Alexander were so kind and considerate, and took great care with "Grandpa and Grandma" It was a delightful tour, one we'll remember for a long time. Eduardo is very responsive to email and you'll have a great time with him. I highly recommend Your Lucky Tour to anyone on a cruise - much more enjoyable and cheaper than a ship excursion! I'll definitely see Eduardo again the next time we're in Puerto Limon.

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! We will be stopping at Limon in February as part of a Panama Canal - ABC Island cruise. Can I ask how much Eduardo charged for your excursion?

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/13/2022 at 9:49 PM, PapaGoose said:

Sounds like you had a wonderful time! We will be stopping at Limon in February as part of a Panama Canal - ABC Island cruise. Can I ask how much Eduardo charged for your excursion?

Your Lucky Tour gave us an excellent tour, in Puerto Limón

• 1 month later...

We were on a Princess cruise. Eduardo and guide were waiting outside the gate of the port.
We are a group of 12 in our mid 60s. We spent a incredible day learning about banana plantations and a hike through the rain forest and a jungle cruise. We say howler monkeys, Sloths and lots of frogs. We ended the day with lunch on top of a hill overlooking the harbor and cruise ship. Great food and drinks. We didn't want to leave.

We had a different experience with our Your Lucky Tour but we didn’t have Eduardo as a our guide so maybe that was the issue.  Our guide also didn’t know we were on ship time (an hour later than their time) which is something I assumed they would know since I didn’t know until the night before we arrived.  He kept saying our ship was late but it actually wasn’t, the time I booked with was ship time as I was not aware there was a time difference and we were still in port the same number of hours.  Anyway, we booked the 7 in 1 tour but only went to two places, the canal boat tour and the rainforest.  First stop was the canal and our guide just told us to go in this area where they loaded the boats.  We sat there for awhile and then my husband saw him so asked when we were supposed to get on a boat so he spoke to the guy running it and we were put on with a large tour group with their own guide so we were kind of left out of things.  Then off to the walk in the national park.  Now we were told that we had to pay a donation to get in ($5 US was the recommended minimum according to the sign).  No mention of this prior.  We were told to go walk and take our time - no guide.  Having read reviews prior I just assumed it was a guided walk.  It seems we were just driven to where we were going and “dropped off”.  But anyway, by this time we were about 3 hours into the tour and had heard our guide’s take on the traffic with the three ships in port, we decided we would only be gone for 30 minutes and then we went back to find him.  He stopped on the side of the road by a banana plantation so I could take pictures and asked if we wanted to stop at a fruit market.  Knowing we couldn’t purchase anything to take back on the ship we decided to just head back as we only had about 2.5 hours until all aboard and it has been a long drive.   Our driver was very nice and told us a lot of information about the area but it seemed almost as though he wasn’t sure exactly what our tour was supposed to entail.  Unfortunately we definitely did not think this tour was worth $180 when we only got to go on the boat tour and a 30 minute walk in the forest.  We did see a sloth and a couple of monkeys during our short walk though.