Azamara transport from Kepez to Canakkale

kbcruiser10

We will be docking in Kepez, Turkey for Canakkale. I want to hire a car in Canakkale.  When I look on the map there is a Canakkale near the coast and also a Canakkale about an hour inland.

I think the cruise line will provide transport to Canakkale.  Does anybody know if that's the case and if so, which Canakkale will it provide transport to?  The hire car will be in the one on the coast so I don't want to book a car only to find out I can't get to the car hire place because the transport takes us somewhere else.

Thanks in advance.

While I can't help you with your question regarding the cruise line provided transport, I can tell you that there is only one city called Canakkale and it's on the coast, about 5 km north of Kepez. Maybe you got confused by the province also being called Canakkale?

We went to Kepez/Canakkale with Azamara some years ago, possibly 2016. The ship was docked in a remote area and at that time they were running shuttle buses to the town of Canakkale on the coast opposite the Galipoli Peninsula.  I think it was about a 20 min journey but I can't remember how frequent the shuttles were.  Although not a fan of organised tours we took the ships tour to visit the Galipoli sites as it would have been too much hassle with shuttles, car hire and ferries to do it independently.