Beaches on Kefalonia

jamadeliz

Hi all,

Has anyone recently been to Myrtos beach?  It looks beautiful but I am concerned about doing an excursion to a beach if there are not any umbrellas for rent.   Antisamos beach also looks nice.  Has anyone been there?

Thank you!

I am also looking to going to these two beaches.  Myrtos is ranked the best of the 200+ beaches on Kefalonia, and Antisamos is in the top 5.  Here is something about the battle: https://www.wildandaway.com/best-beaches-in-kefalonia-greece/ 

Are you thinking of doing both of them?  We'll be on Kefalonia in June from 10:00 to 18:00, and we'll visit Assos, Fiskardo, Myrtos, and possibly Sami & Antisamos.

I'll be there about 6 weeks before you will be; I'll try to reply to you when i get back.  🙂 

• 2 weeks later...

On our last pre covid land trip to Greece we went to Kefalonia expecting to spend 5 days.   We stayed for 10 days.

And we plan to return!

Edited by iancal
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I am planning on spending time at Antisamos Beach this summer (this place came recommended to me by the tour company I hired).  I read elsewhere that it's covered in bees/wasps and that they make the day there quite unpleasant.  Anyone have an issue with this if you visited?

On 4/24/2022 at 12:49 PM, jamadeliz said:

Hi all,

Has anyone recently been to Myrtos beach?  It looks beautiful but I am concerned about doing an excursion to a beach if there are not any umbrellas for rent.   Antisamos beach also looks nice.  Has anyone been there?

Thank you!

Who are you booking the excursion with?   I keep looking at Myrtis Beach but no sure how to get there. Royal Caribbean is not offering an excursion to this beach.