Covid Question about China Ports

Rainbow3fe

Hi,

We are booked on Oceania from Hong Kong to Tokyo March 2023. We're worried because of the China Covid reports about both Hong Kong and Shanghai right now.  Is anyone still planning to go there? 

I would love some feedback as to whether you're canceling or waiting.

Although our cruise stops at ports in Japan, we really want to go back to Hong Kong and Shanghai and that's one if the reasons we booked this cruise.

Thanks for your help 

Felice 

March 23 is nearly a year off. Plenty of time to decide before final payment is due. I wouldn’t buy plane tickets!

I’m not a risk adverse type, however I wouldn’t plan trips to China in the foreseeable future. We are planning a 24 trip to Japan.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

March 23 is nearly a year off. Plenty of time to decide before final payment is due. I wouldn’t buy plane tickets!

I’m not a risk adverse type, however I wouldn’t plan trips to China in the foreseeable future. We are planning a 24 trip to Japan.

Thanks.  I appreciate your input. We haven't purchased our flights yet. We are still hoping it's a go but don't want to get stuck with an airline credit that has to be used within a year of original purchase.

Your cruise may or may not happen in that part of the world. Celebrity cancelled all of their Japan and China cruise itineraries for 2022-2023. 

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/celebrity-cancels-2022-23-asia-season-due-to-uncertainty.html

Japan is supposed top open to tourists this September. As soon as it does I am jumping on a plane and doing a land trip. The yen is at a 20 year low so this is a great time to go to Japan. 

Edited by susiesan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, susiesan said:

Your cruise may or may not happen in that part of the world. Celebrity cancelled all of their Japan and China cruise itineraries for 2022-2023. 

https://www.travelpulse.com/news/cruise/celebrity-cancels-2022-23-asia-season-due-to-uncertainty.html

Japan is supposed top open to tourists this September. As soon as it does I am jumping on a plane and doing a land trip. The yen is at a 20 year low so this is a great time to go to Japan. 

I appreciate your help. Because of this we haven't booked our flights. Trying to be aware of Covid restrictions. 

Sad that we may have to cancel this sweet cruise.

11 minutes ago, Rainbow3fe said:

I appreciate your help. Because of this we haven't booked our flights. Trying to be aware of Covid restrictions. 

Sad that we may have to cancel this sweet cruise.

If you were going to use miles for your flights you could go ahead and book them now. If you have to cancel, award tickets can be easily cancelled and the miles redeposited.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, susiesan said:

If you were going to use miles for your flights you could go ahead and book them now. If you have to cancel, award tickets can be easily cancelled and the miles redeposited.

Thanks. I understand. I appreciate your input.

We used most of our miles for both ways First Class JFK to Capetown for January 2023.

We need to pay $$ for our flight to Hong Kong . We plan to book with miles for the return from Tokyo. Not time yet but a bit cautious.