Spirit Dry Dock

illinoisfive

9 minutes ago, illinoisfive said:

Does anyone on this board know when the Spirit is scheduled for its next dry dock? And will any venues be added?

Thank you in advance

Carnival Spirit was just in drydock Aug. 20-Sept.3,2021. Received the new livery/paint job, carpet/tile updates and removal of the Old Fashioned BBQ.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, illinoisfive said:

Thank you both so much for the information!  It doesn't appear that they replaced the BBQ place with another dining venue?  Is that correct?  Any idea why not?

Was this an open deck BBQ type of place (don't know the ship)?  If so, USPH/CDC has stopped most of those types of things for sanitation reasons.

I'm not sure, I am thinking that the Old Fashioned BBQ places were up the stairs above the Lido Marketplace on the inside of ship.  I was just curious if anything replaced it since Mondello mentioned that it was removed during last dry dock.

12 minutes ago, illinoisfive said:

I'm not sure, I am thinking that the Old Fashioned BBQ places were up the stairs above the Lido Marketplace on the inside of ship.  I was just curious if anything replaced it since Mondello mentioned that it was removed during last dry dock.

Okay, looked at deck plans, Cruisemapper show "Fat Jimmy's C-side BBQ" forward of the Nouveau restaurant.  Carnival's deck plan shows nothing there.

It was an outside BBQ on deck 10 midship.  I only ever remember it open on sea days and even then, it wasn't open every day.

However, I came across a deck plan from 2019 that shows the location (in PDF form).  I remember the BBQ was open on my second last cruise to New Caledonia but I remember it only open once or twice.  I also came across a photo that shows the menu and it was called Ol' Fashioned BBQ.

I wouldn't mind Spirit coming back to Australia.  I like the Spirit class.

image.thumb.jpeg.a85fde9d698555d638b42c4ba16176e7.jpeg

Edited by plettza