Any passengers just off the Escape and want to share their experience?

rabadipscavern

I was on the April 16 sailing. Despite a few hiccups with ports (missed Tortola and we were overnight in St. Thomas), the cruise was as close to perfect as any other. Food, service and entertainment was great and the crew was so happy to have guests back after a nearly one-month hiatus. Wish Escape was staying in the U.S. for the summer as it is my favorite ship.

• Like 4

Things went pretty well! Missed Tortola which was disappointing, but staying overnight in St. Thomas was pretty cool, I had never done that before. Weather was generally good except the morning we got into Amber Cove (didn’t go ashore as a result). Choir of Man and the comedy routines were incredible! The food hit all the marks for me as well, Bayamo in particular was some of the best food I’ve eaten on a cruise (got the surf and turf)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Coastalbreezes said:

I was on the April 16 sailing. Despite a few hiccups with ports (missed Tortola and we were overnight in St. Thomas), the cruise was as close to perfect as any other. Food, service and entertainment was great and the crew was so happy to have guests back after a nearly one-month hiatus. Wish Escape was staying in the U.S. for the summer as it is my favorite ship.

Thank you so much for sharing! I am planning my first cruise with NCL on this ship, can you tell me what cabin you stayed in? Do you think paying a little more for a club balcony is worth it? 

3 hours ago, Elsammo46 said:

Things went pretty well! Missed Tortola which was disappointing, but staying overnight in St. Thomas was pretty cool, I had never done that before. Weather was generally good except the morning we got into Amber Cove (didn’t go ashore as a result). Choir of Man and the comedy routines were incredible! The food hit all the marks for me as well, Bayamo in particular was some of the best food I’ve eaten on a cruise (got the surf and turf)

Just curious, if weather was good, why was Tortola missed? Planning a future cruise that stops there and just wondering if it gets missed alot for non-weather related reasons. Thanks!

20 minutes ago, sportscruiser said:

Just curious, if weather was good, why was Tortola missed? Planning a future cruise that stops there and just wondering if it gets missed alot for non-weather related reasons. Thanks!

I had heard is was due to conditions on the sea. It was particularly choppy some on the time. Especially the last sea day. 

17 hours ago, rabadipscavern said:

Thank you so much for sharing! I am planning my first cruise with NCL on this ship, can you tell me what cabin you stayed in? Do you think paying a little more for a club balcony is worth it? 

Club balcony bathrooms are larger with nicer showers. If the price isn't too much to upgrade to a club, I'd definitely do it.

On 4/26/2022 at 1:27 PM, sportscruiser said:

Enroute Weather causing delayed arrival. 

Thanks @BirdTravels and @Elsammo46! Sounds like weather WAS the reason for missing the port! That's good to know since that's out of anyone's control. Just hope the weather isn't normally too windy during the Mar/Apr months. Tortola is the main reason I booked the cruise and since I didn't think it was a tender port, I didn't realize it gets missed alot too. I'd be disappointed but understand you can miss a port at any time for any reason!